Suggestions on breaking up stay between St Regis Puerto Rico and W Vieques

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Quasiconvexity, Oct 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are planning on spending a week in Puerto Rico in November, and I currently have the stay split up as 3 nights at the W and 4 nights at St Regis (5 of those 7 nights are using FRN awards and 2 are paid nights at the W). I initially had the nights split as four nights at the W and 3 at the St R (due to availability) but changed it today when an FRN award opened up at the St R for one of the dates.

Does anyone who has stayed at both resorts have any advice to offer as to what would be the optimal split of time across the resorts? We are in our early 30s, and are active, outdoorsy people. We are looking for a nice relaxing experience with some outdoor activities thrown in.

traveler and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been to the StR. There were a number of guests there who had previously been to the W. They liked going w first, then StR. They said the StR was materially nicer than the W (which is to be expected).

Splitting them up 3 and 4 seems more than fine. 2/5 is probably too lopsided.

I had a tough stay at the StR back over Christmas. Things got so bad that once i wrote after our stay, the hotel ended up offering me a free four night stay gift certificate and refunded almost all of my points from a weeklong stay. I attribute many (but not all) of the issues we faced due to teething pains (as the hotel was less than two months old at the time)...but at a minimum, remember you'll be on island time (that won't change as the resort matures)!

3. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was at St Regis this summer for only 2 nights and had a great time. I would highly recommend it. Everything was first class. The boathouse was very nice and you can rent (included in the resort fee) kayaks, and paddle boats and some other boats I think. We went kayaking one afternoon.

Also the golf course looked great, we just didnt have time. The rooms are very nice, you will more than happy with them.

Quasiconvexity likes this.