Suggestions Needed...best way to Get from KOA to ADL On Miles

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by avflyer, Jun 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Who would be the best partner airlines? What would be my best routing?....looking for Business or First Class seats.

Thanks in advance

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's an interesting one. This will be a double connection, and your most likely first flight is KOA-HNL.

From there, there are three broad choices for your second stop: eastern Australia (BNE/SYD/MEL), via NZ (AKL) or via Asia (a bunch of options).

I'd be happy to think through this further, but need some info from you first:
    (1) What does your miles portfolio look like? How much at what carriers?
    (2) Month you'd like to travel?
    (3) How many pax?

Let me know on these and I can kick around some more specific ideas/routings/etc.

To manage your expectations re "Business or First Class" seats, note that most flights in and out of HNL (except for select flights back to the mainland US) will have a pretty weak business product (as HNL is a leisure market, primarily. Don't expect caviar and Krug on this route.

I'm not sure why you're going to ADL, or if you'll have extra time there. If you do, let me suggest baking in a few days for a visit to the Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island.
    http://www.sitinfirst.com/2011/10/southern-ocean-lodge-on-australias-kangaroo-island/

3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this...as usual plans have changed. I was going to go visit Aussie wine country, in particular Mollydooker...but perhaps another day...

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    ADL is difficult to get to on *A.

SQ has the only business class.
    NZ flies from AKL on all economy config.

NZ HNL-AKL-ADL is the simplest routing, but as noted not business all the way and connections do not work in either direction.

daemon14 likes this.