Suggestions for AW

Discussion in 'AwardWallet' started by rajuabju, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    First, let me say that the recent tweaks to the new interface have greatly improved the site!

Most of these are fairly minor changes that I think would further enhance the look of the site.

1) Bold the following items: "Award Program" / "Account" / "Balance" / "Expiration" when they appear under each category of rewards programs (such as airlines, hotels, etc)

2) Remove the "delete" button to the far right of each program (where it says "Update" / "Edit" / "Delete"). This is something that is rarely ever used. We dont need a link to delete a program constantly showing up on the page. Delete can be moved to be an option under "Edit" instead.

3) When the miles or point balance goes down, the arrows and text reflecting that decrease should be in red or maybe mahogany or dark purple or something, but not blue. Green for an increase is appropriate. Blue for a decrease is not (not to mention its too close in color to green and is confusing sometimes).

Thats all for now. I know AW has been incredibly responsive in the past to user suggestions and I hope you continue to be!

sobore likes this.
  2. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    One more suggestion-

For American Express Membership Rewards points... there is no expiration date. Instead of showing "Unknown" should be None, or N/A or something

3. Bigcountry
    Original Member

Bigcountry Silver Member

Status Points:
    no issues here either, well done!

4. AwardWallet

AwardWallet Z Representative

Status Points:
    Insider tip:

We offer a "compact" view for AwardWallet which can be modified in "my account."

5. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about a BlackBerry app? (Unless I've missed something...)

6. SFOCanuck
    Original Member

SFOCanuck Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd suggest adding a feature where you can enter account details manually.

While I know a lot of people aren't so concerned about getting their account credentials stolen, I'm really uncomfortable with allowing a third party to log into my American Express account, for example. It would be great if I could just add my account balance manually.

7. AwardWallet

Status Points:
    Actually we already offer that option [​IMG]. Click "Add a new program" scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the "Click here to create a custom one" link!

8. edog22
    Original Member

edog22 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be interested in more detailed tracking of EQ* points. For example, AA has had a number of DEQM promos over the last year, but it can be difficult to determine when they've been applied on the AA website. Since AW can auto-check, they could build a history of the dates that EQ* points change much like they do for standard miles.

9. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be good if AW could recognize the difference between a ticket on hold and a ticket purchased. I just got an email reminding me of my flight to Zurich tomorrow. Scary, because I have no plans for tomorrow. Traced it back to a reservation on hold with AA that I never purchased.

10. AwardWallet

Status Points:
    Sorry about the momentary scare. We're working on this!

11. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

12. Stealth Traveler
    Original Member

Stealth Traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lately, since IC changed up their website, I get the red bar on the left side of AW that means there's an issue. I can't log in directly to PC or IC anymore like I used to--do I need to reload my account or is a glitch anyone else is having?

13. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about a "skip update" feature for when a certain program/web site is non responsive after clicking "Update All"? It would be good to have the option to kill that site instead of hanging for a very long time, which I've noticed a lot in the past 2 weeks.