Suggestion to GP Concierge: Allow us to donate us our suite upgrades

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by leeivan86, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the spirit of giving and a suggestion here for the gold passport program to allow us Diamonds to donate our unused suite upgrades to those whom might require it more than us. Hate to see it go to waste when I wouldn't be utilizing it at all and usually do not need to.

Kaanapali likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd much rather they were applicable to award stays.

Being able to donate (sell?) them to someone who will use them decreases the breakage and thus presumably the cost to Hyatt. Admittedly the same would be true if they were allowed for award stays, but -- call me selfish -- I'd benefit from that, instead of someone else.

IDGflygirl and rajuabju like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    AGREED, this would cause me to drop at least one other hotel program.

Can't one give the upgrades to others already? I thought I recall seeing in CC on the other board folks willing to give them away.

4. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They're doing a workaround against the T&Cs much like transferring FFN awards - I'm not going to post how since I don't agree with the tactics.

5. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you did not allow us to give them to somebody else, it would be nice to use them on award stays. I'd love to use one at the Park Hyatt Vendome ^

6. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice if it would be usable on award stays but sadly i do not see that happening soon unless GP happens to be in a generous mood. It would be nice if there is something similar such as the AA partnership with the make-a-wish foundation where people can donate their evips.

peteropny likes this.
  7. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this would be a great idea...especially to charities or groups running auctions who need a room to help set up and host its people. Would be good PR for the hotel......

8. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would be nice true :) especially for those of us who qualify on their own dime. But regardless of how you qualify as Diamond, just having the capability to use a suite upgrade on an award stay would be......suite! ;) [​IMG]

9. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff Zidell, Head of GP will be attending the Star Mega DO Launch Party in NYC next month. If i make it there, I would try to put forward my suggestion when I see him. If I don't, could someone here who will be attending the bring up the ideas we have discuss here such as donations to foundations or even be used on award stays :)

10. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everything except making them transferrable and therefore eBay-able would be worth considering, IMO. Anything that hurts Hyatt, and in addition our own Diamond suite availability, would not be an enhancement. Nor would anything that monetizes the benefit by allowing it to be exchanged for currency of some sort. But, OTOH, the suite upgrade benefit in general, along with the enhancement of being able to use current year upgrades for future stays is such a wonderful thing -- please convey that above all else!

11. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will be interesting to see his take on the many issues people will bring up to him.

12. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    SO so true. I dont see why they cant be applicable to award stays at all

leeivan86 likes this.
  13. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please let him know how much we love FFN and are waiting for their return.[​IMG]

IDGflygirl and leeivan86 like this.
  14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh my, that will come as a shocking revelation to him :)

leeivan86 likes this.