Suggestion: Site-Integrated Flight Calendar

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Anglo Large Clawed Otter, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dunno if the development team is already kicking around this idea, but I think it would be fantastic if MPT eventually had some sort of integrated flight calendar. I've used sites like BA97 and Tripit to keep track of my MRs and other trips, to avoid multiple MR bookings on the same dates.

If this site were to have an integrated calendar feature, which members could either keep private, make public, or share only with designated persons, I think that would be a fantastic feature - even better if it could sync with Outlook/iCal/etc.

I realize these features exist in stand-alone form on various sites (like some of the aforementioned sites), but it would certainly be nice to have it all in one place - especially a place where many of the people I'll be MRing or traveling with already congregate.

kiwi and Misplaced Texan like this.
  2. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would be great, especially if it had outlook integration. I list all my flights in Outlook because dealing with two calendars could easily lead to problems. But, while I can share an Outlook calendar with colleagues I'm not exactly going to share it with my MiPo friends. So if the two could link (rather than having a double-entry system), that would be the optimal solution for me.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    we will be announcing some partnerships closer to, at or just after formal launch which will broaden the way our members synch travel. Stay tuned.

4. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bah... I don't know if I can wait that long! [​IMG]

Seriously though, I'm hopeful about the partnerships. The right ones could really pull in the frequent fliers that don't really frequent the other flyer forums.