Suggestion: fixed header

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by lili, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice if the MilePoint banner with clickable boxes was stuck at the top of every page. Like freezing panes in Excel. I'm spending a lot of time going to the bottom for the quick navigation button or more often just using the back button.or scrolling up, up, up.

The pale blue toolbar )Home>Forums><Beta Launch>Beta Feedback is at the top and bottom of each page, but it also disappears when you are in the middle of a long thread or list of posts.,

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    How would that work for those using mobile devices (incl ipad, netbook etc)?

3. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those using mobile devices will be using the new mobile app that hasn't been made yet. You're right though, netbooks could be problemantical. I use an IBM X61 which is close to Netbook size and weight. Perhaps it could be an option?

4. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    But we already have a fixed toolbar at the very bottom of the page (with chat etc.)

Maybe a few more navigation icons could be just placed on it, instead of taking away screen estate with another toolbar.

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Remember this is just a beta to test a few ideas. Live version of MP will be different, and Randy has said only 30% of functionality has been released to the beta site.

6. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, and it seems that out of 3 status tiers, only silver has been implemented [​IMG]

asmithLHR likes this.
  7. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the point. I want to see my status alerts instantly.