Suggested Itinerary

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by andhoova, Sep 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

We have 19 total days in Argentina. Here is what I am thinking for our itinerary. I'm looking for any suggestions about things I should not miss at the destinations and if i should try to shorten/extend or cancel any of the stops. Plan to fly Aerolineas Argentinas. Thanks

Land in BA 11/23
    BA 11/23 - 11/27

Fly to Iguazu 11/27

Iguazu 11/27-11/29

Fly to Bariloche 11/29

Bariloche 11/29 - 12/2

Fly to El Calafate 12/2

El Calafate 12/2 - 12/6

Fly to Ushuaia 12/6

Ushuaia 12/6-12/9

Fly to Punte Del Este

Punte Del Este 12/9-12/11

Depart BA for US 12/11
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Sounds like you are in good shape..... just a few comments. You realize that Punta del Este does not get going until around 12/20... so depending on what you are looking for, you may need to manage expectations. Also, if you are serious about the beaches and water temperature, then you will be visiting the wrong latitude. Punta is an amazing place, but it depends on the time of the year and what your game plan is. Im not suggesting you not go, just pointing out that you may need to do your homework to make sure you get the best out of your trip.

Are you aware of the dual ForEx markets in Argentina, and the issues with plastic money, etc....? Do you have airport transfers to/from EZE...?

Feel free to PM/email if you have additional questions or comments.

Alex / Gaucho
  3. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Do not forget Puerto Madryn (Trelew airport) - peninsula Valdes and Punta Tombo for penguins
  4. I am here now!

I am here now! Active Member

I was going to go to EZE next summer, but decided to postpone my trip. The idea was to go to EZE and maybe another destination within Argentina if could get enough time, but just EZE for a first time there was going to be enough for me. Well, so far this is still the plan, but I just don't know when I can go.

At any rate, could you elaborate a little about what you meant about the issues you mentioned?