Suggested Attire?

Discussion in 'SMD3 (Star MegaDO #3)' started by Explore, Sep 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is my first Mega-Do, and I like to travel light. How light can I travel, and still be minimally respectable for the receptions etc.? Presumably I can leave jacket and ties behind, but how about dress shoes, long-sleeve shirts etc.?

Thanks....

DBoy likes this.
  2. DBoy

DBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same question. I'm leaving straight from DEN to South East Asia. Usually I don't bring long pants or long sleeved shirts, and definitely not dress shoes. It's shorts and Polo shirts and tennis shoes. Does that work for this trip?

3. asya999

asya999 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice slacks and nice polo shirt or even t-shirt and you won't be even close to worst dressed. Even if you wear that with sneakers. :)

I would say shorts may be pushing it a little...

DBoy and canucklehead like this.
  4. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI the average temp is between 10-25 deg cel. Wearing shorts might get you a cold. I am wearing suits w/o tie and a polo t or two. PJs excluded

5. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    The temps should be around 22 C for Chicago and Montreal and 28 C for Denver in the daytime and 12 C at night. But I imagine we're going to be in a lot of conference rooms and remain indoors where they might keep it cool, especially for the receptions.

I don't know how messy we're going to get with the tours, but I can't imagine that we're going to get too grimy.

I'm rolling with long-sleeve button-down shirts/polos, slacks, and a pair of jeans. I'm working on getting the size of the bag down - it's in one stuffed international carry-on but the rumor is that there will be a lot of swag.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the FT ATL DL DO, we were asked to please try to look like a high value customer for certain events involving meet travel industry executives. This didn't necessarily mean dressed up and not everyone followed the instructions, but one can see the point that if we want them to listen to us....

OTOH, be prepared for airport security to get into certain things and for anything like an industrial tour, one wants closed shoes without high heels and no loose flowing clothes that could be caught in equipment or prevent one from climbing steep stairs, etc. Seeing baggage handling or airplane maintenance is essentially a factory technical tour.

Sent from my iPad using mile point

savydog likes this.
  7. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for responses....I'm only going to bring one pair of shoes, and those will be my decent-looking athletic shoes, which work on a hotel treadmill, on an industrial tour, and in a pinch at a reception and dinner. One pair of slacks, and some presentable shirts, mostly short-sleeved.

savydog likes this.
  8. NoFlyY

NoFlyY Active Member

Status Points:
    Guess I shouldn't have packed my tuxedo.

savydog likes this.