Stupid question regarding MR points

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by el485h1, Apr 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. el485h1

el485h1 Active Member

Status Points:
    I took advantage of the Amex Gold PR offer for 50k mr points for $1000 spend in 3 months. I spent $1500 on the card the first month and $1200 the 2nd month. I haven't received my 50k bonus or my points for the $2700 I've spent so far. My wife got the same offer the same time I did and has her bonus plus her regular point accrual already. Is it normal for MR point to take this long to show?

SuperKirby likes this.
  2. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    It shouldn't take that long but you know how things go in the credit world.. Send a quick SM, they should tell you what's up.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely time to contact MR CS since points for someone else with an identical deal have already posted. There is no chance that you won't get the points, however, because there should be a long paper trail to support a request for credit.

SuperKirby and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. Reddishbead

Reddishbead Silver Member

Status Points:
    A lot of people seem to have problems getting their sign-up bonuses quickly from Amex these days, but it seems it began some time ago.

5. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's more likely that people simply are impatient. I had to wait the 6 or 8 weeks wait to get my signup bonus almost a year ago, but I did get everything I was supposed to get. I just had to wait a little.

6. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Signed up for the MR Visa 70K offer last month. The bonus posted to my MR account before I received my first statement in the mail. Thanks Chase!

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Slight confusion. This thread is about AMEX membership reward (MR) points and not the Chase Marriott visa card, which you just reported about. To avoid this confusion, I usually shorten Marriott as MAR ;-)

Sent from my DROID4 GLOBAL using milepoint

JoeCortez likes this.
  8. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a similar problem, did not fill in spot for MR number so they gave a new number to my name. Called and problem solved in minutes.

9. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've always had luck when I called. "Problems" got solved really quickly.