Stupid News: Sleeping Woman Flies Round Trip- 18 Hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MLW20, Aug 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A Frenchwoman flying from Pakistan to France was in such a deep sleep that she ended up taking a round trip back to Pakistan. She was flying from Lahore to Paris.
    The woman was flying Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
    The woman failed to wake up when the flight arrived in Paris and did not mention her mistake to the cabin crew when she was on the way back to where she began. Her mistake was discovered by immigration officials when she arrived back in Lahore after her 18 hour, 7,700 mile trip.
    It's pretty amazing that the ground crew in Paris didn't notice a sleeping woman on the plane during the two hour stopover. I'd also expect the flight attendants (if there are any) to notice a passenger on an empty plane prior to boarding. PIA is investigating the incident and the French subcontractor responsible for passengers in Paris.
    An airline spokesman said that they are questioning the French subcontractor firm but that it is also the passengers responsibility to disembark when arriving at their destination. The airline later arranged for the woman to get back to Paris on a different airline as none of their own flights were available.
    The investigation will determine who was at fault for this mistake. The airline said that if the local firm was at fault, then they will pay for the extra flight. If the woman was at fault then she will pay.
    Amazing...
    (Originally posted on my blog HERE)

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome story, almost unbelievable! Thanks for sharing this adventure!:)

mht_flyer and MLW20 like this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hope she got full mileage credit. :D

vinay2543, Mikus33, viguera and 2 others like this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    and nobody noticed the passenger count wasn't right on the return flight? Also no one was assigned the same seat she was in on the way back? Lots of gotcha's here that shouldn't have happened:confused:

LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I said the same thing to my wife! It just happens that nobody else had her seat! lol

uggboy likes this.
  6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not to sound like an arrogant jerk, but something tells me PIA isn't as vigilant about this as, say, DL.