Stumper: What carrier to credit flight to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by NYBanker, May 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is a tricky one. Next week, I'm flying from FRA to LCY on a BMI marketed flight, operated by Lufthansa Express.

My fare is a T fare, in economy. :(

I use A3 for my *A points. I also care about BA points.

With BMI in the midst of leaving *A, morphing into BA, what are my point options? I'm happy to earn points on either BA or A3...do I have a choice of either for this flight? Do T fares on BMI get meaningfully different credit amongst the programmes?

Appreciate any thoughts.

DeltaExpert and rwoman like this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow that is a stumper. Hitting the corner case in a big way.
    You will continue to earn membership status miles and earn and spend destinations miles on bmi and Star Alliance carriers (excluding Lufthansa Group airlines) until 31 May 2012

rwoman likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enter no program # to begin with, then claim retro-credit with everyone and see which one sticks? :D

oneluckybastard and rwoman like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will my A3 Gold card still get me lounge rights for the flight? (I suspect it will...but cannot say for sure.)

rwoman likes this.
  5. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tough to do more than guess at this point I think. I'd lean the same way.​

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It being marketed as BD matters not in terms of crediting to A3. The flight is operated by Lufthansa CityLine and will post to A3 as a LH operation. As for how many point you'll accrue, that will depend on the codeshare mapping between BD and LH.

You will also have lounge access as both A3 and LH are still in *A.

Remember that metal matters in *A, not marketing. :-:

7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect there is a problem. Here I am 20 days later and no points have posted.

I presented my A3 card at LH check-in at FRA. I only have my silver card, A3 hasn't sent me a gold one (despite a few requests). I pointed out to the LH agent that I was *G, but she said she "had to go by the card and note *S" in my record. I told her UA/CA/AC/NH have all had no problem looking up my status; she said that was "impossible" for her to do.

My colleague, a programmer of sorts, suggested the problem was a PB-CAC (problem between chair and computer)...but I didn't push the issue.

She gave me a BP which says A3*S on it. I have a feeling that if my status is mis-coded, somehow it doesn't flush through to A3 properly. All other *A flights (CA, AC, UA, NH) have posted on A3 within a week. My fare class on this flight was eligible for 100% miles.

I will try to figure out how to make a miles claim to A3. ...and hopefully get a *g replacement card!