Street Vendor Fired for Selling Hot Dogs to Tourists for $30. I Blame the Tourists.

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    A street vendor in New York was charging tourists as much as $30 for a hot dog. He’s been fired. He was apparently telling the cart’s owners he was getting only $2 and pocketing the difference. And yet it’s the cart owners who are facing fines for “being too close to a crosswalk, having items outside of his cart and failure to list prices” (this last in furtherance of overcharging tourists). I don’t have a problem with charging tourists $30 for a hot dog, per se. I do have a problem with tourists who would pay $30 for a hot dog. Nonetheless, contra Gawker, the guy isn’t a hero because his fraud in my view was perpetrated against his boss. That said, If Ahmed Mohammed had built a shitty “prix-fixe” dinner restaurant charging $60 for… Continue reading Street Vendor Fired for Selling Hot Dogs to Tourists for $30. I Blame the Tourists....

Continue reading...