Strange troubles with FF# on .bomb

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by thebkwee, Dec 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thebkwee

thebkwee Silver Member

Status Points:
    My company books all our flights through the on site travel guy and anytime he books me on United I always end up with the following listed in the field for my FF# (obviously the numbers themselves were X'ed out to protect the innocent)

MileagePlus: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    NA_admin.ibe_settings.lookup.carriers.British_Midland, , admin.ibe_settings.lookup.carriers.Delta_Airlines, admin.ibe_settings.lookup.carriers.Continental:XXXBMIXXX, XXAAXX, XXXDLXXX, XXXXCOXXXX
    Our travel guy has no idea what is going on and anytime I call UA to change my number (say to my BD#) they are mystified as to what this is. Any one out there seen this before and know what's going on?

2. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I've seen this it was because the icons for non Uniyted carriers were not being displayed.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    United.com does have some glitches as well with FF #s. Even with you think you enter a partner # it may not stick. When using BD I've had to re-enter my # at a kiosk in order for it to stay in the res.

4. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get the same thing on my booking as it seems the travel agent dump everything they have on file into the reservation. It never sticks to any of those FF numbers anyway. Since I am not an elite member of UA it is of little significance for me now - but in the past I had to call every time to UA to get this fixed.

5. thebkwee

thebkwee Silver Member

Status Points:
    The same thing always happened to me when I had the travel agent list BD as my primary FF#. Never did find a way to get the website to accept that number. I also frequently had issues getting the kiosks to add my BD#. I had the travel agent add MP as my primary FF# and now UA has no issues grabbing that, along with all the other gibberish.

I've always just called to get this fixed as well. I finally decided to ask the board what was going on as I called UA to have my CO number added in place of my MP number and all it did was add CO to the end of that list of numbers. Guess its back to the kiosks before every trip or play the HUCA game until I can get this fixed.

6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen weird stuff on UA as well from my corp travel agent, not exactly this but similar. I think it has to also be due to the fact my corp travel profile has several ff numbers in it and this is some residual effect of that and Apollo which my corp travel agent uses.