Strange presentation of Sub-Forum in the Airlines Forums

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by UADomer08, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when you navigate into the Airline forum and click the subforum drop-down on United or American the box displays the wiki's in a single letter verticle line. Doesn't seem to be happening from the main forums page.

2. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked and its also occuring on the Hyatt forum in Hotels. (sorry for the quick double post, probably should have checked this before posting the first time)

3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe a screen capture with Browser AND OS versions would help the dev team chase down the issue. :)

I have no problem with Safari 5.0.3 (6533.19.4) on Mac OS X 10.6.6.

Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 10.57.38 PM.png

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    thanks for Safari snapshop which doesn't seem to display the problem. I'm on Chrome and it displays no problem. Not sure if browser specific and if so, which browser? Any assistance from anyone so we can chase this down? Thank you.

5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Firefox 4, IE8 and Chrome 11.0.6 (on Windows 7) display the drop-down correctly as well. (No clicking required, just hover mouse over the menu button.)

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the browser crashing thread, I see that you are running IE8 ... that's a very common browser, used by hundreds of people here. But you're getting mis-drawn menus and browser crashing so something is clearly wrong.

Only two things come to mind immediately: do you have any IE8 add-ins installed? (Tools > Manage add-ons to find out.) And you do run virus/malware protection, right?

7. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the delay gang. Yes I have virus/malware (McAfee since its my work computer so its pretty locked down; although that may be the source of the problem) and yes I have add-ons running but nothing that looks too out of the ordinary. I moved over to my Firefox browser and everything seems to work great over there so I think I'll just switch up browsers. Below is the screen shot of the subforum menus as I see them in IE currently.

sub_forum screen shot.JPG

8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow ... that's bizarre. Somehow the XenForo JavaScript thinks that there is very little width available for the window., so the title wraps, and then the detail line wraps every character.

9. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was in the forum listing for the hotels and noticed the subforum arrow and clicked it under the Hyatt Program. The display window is totally messed up and the text (whatever it actually is supposed to say) is a single letter per line going on and on (I didn't bother scrolling to see where it stopped).

Definitely a display issue that should be corrected.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks okay for me with Chrome 9.0.597.102 on MacOS.

11. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm on IE and if you hover, the drop down is just wrong.

12. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which version of IE. I know the different versions fail to handle the standards in different ways.

13. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:

14. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've merged these threads as they appear to address the same issue. No solution yet, but thanks all for the feedback.