Strange message on MP account status page

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Logged in to check if recent flight posted and saw this message where usually it tells you how short you are of next MP level:

"The elite status tracker will re-appear when the status and benefits of the 2012 MileagePlus program take effect later in the first quarter. Rest assured that your qualifying activity is now counting toward MileagePlus Premier® status for the following year. You can check your qualifying activity balances on the “My Activity” tab below."

If this is true (which I doubt) I would love yesterday's miles to fall into 2012!

I suspect though that the flight date will trump everything when it comes to posting miles for a given plan year.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right, I saw the same today (in my wife's account, not mine as I said in that post). She has one more flight tomorrow, and I wouldn't mind if it counted toward 2013 status, but I am sure they just released this modification to their website a bit too early.

3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    oops! didnt think to check that thread for the same content!! sorry!

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, I was debating with myself whether it was worth a new thread and then decided against it. Oh well...

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  5. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect this will be among the least strange things we will see on the website in the coming Weeks.

6. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. The folks in IT and ops at the new UA are very good at what they do, but a migration on this scale is a massive undertaking that few are able to really understand in terms of size and scope. So I'm going to be very surprised if we don't have extended downtime/other technology faceplants throughout Q1 2012.

IDGflygirl and Flyer1976 like this.
  7. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    GS CS called me today to ask questions on a post-flight survey I gave. I asked them if I'd been re-upped as GS but they said that the accounts have to be combined first (my UA effort alone was not substantive enough) and that that determination would be made later in January.

Curiously, and more importantly for you guys is that they said the earliest linkers of OP and MP missed a step that is now required and implied that my accounts weren't "fully" linked. Anybody have an idea what step that was?

8. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if it has something to do with the difference between the first mileage transfer/combine accounts site they put up versus the current one with the updated branding and whatnot. It will be interesting.

jupper likes this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    united.com still has (many of) the same bugs as before the merger, so I am not sure that there are actually any new guys (or better guys) working on the site at this time. I would think they probably didn't bother having new guys learn the old UA site system, given it's about to go away...

DCA1K likes this.
  10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, I linked my accounts early on, and have transferred miles back and forth a few times without issues. And my status was updated on CO. So I don't see what vital bit of information they might be missing that they are now asking for...

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  11. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Same experience here, except CO sees me as Premier Executive / *A silver :confused: which they claim is simply due to lack of an update of recent databases.....it hasnt gotten in the way of upgrades clearing etc.

12. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a feeling there will be many more strange things seen, and expierenced before the Onepass Program and MP programs are actually merged:rolleyes:

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  13. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Neither do I and she wasn't able to tell me. That thread in the conversation resulted from my refuting her statement that CO sees me as GS... they don't. They only see me as 1K. It is probably much ado about nothing as she was not fully familiar with the CO side and didn't recognize the fact that I matched to MP from OP and not the other way around.

14. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi 744, you suspect correctly! The fight date will still determine the year to which the flown miles get posted. And, as you've noted, we've replaced the elite status bar on united.com with the message your seeing. This is because the status levels would otherwise be incorrect. Although it's showing up a day early, the message is really only applicable for flights January 1, 2012 onward.

Hi Geo, I'm not familiar with what this issue could be. If I find anything out, I will let you know. Also, if you have any concerns about your accounts being "fully" linked and want to shoot me your information, we'll be happy to take a look.

Shannon

jupper, genemk2, IDGflygirl and 4 others like this.
  15. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Shannon! I saw that as well when I logged into my account. All qualifying flights for 2011 are all posted. :)

Excited to fly tomorrow, even more so that my swu or gpu cleared a few weeks ago to hkg. :)

jupper and IDGflygirl like this.
  16. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thank Shannon! Happy New Year!

17. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    My son's final flight, December 30, posted this morning, (nice speedy posting ---thanks, United!) along with his first-ever elevation to Premier, so it's all good!

catgirl and IDGflygirl like this.