Strange Food: Ugly Curry Chicken Puff- Starbucks, Singapore

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by MLW20, Sep 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    A while back I wrote a post about a USA Today article regarding fast foods that you can't get in the USA. I then created a new thread about this on Milepoint. One of the members commented about Ugly Curry Puffs at Starbucks in Singapore being one of their favorites.
    (Thanks to member HaveMilesWillTravel for the tip.)
    Since we were heading to Singapore, I made a quick note of this odd sounding dish and decided that I had to find and taste it during my trip!
    [​IMG]
    When we arrived in Singapore I had forgotten about the Ugly Chicken Curry Puff and didn't have visiting Starbucks on my list of things to do. However, after dinner on our first night of the trip we decided to stop into Starbucks to grab a snack. Kim noticed a sign for the Ugly Curry Chicken Puff on a chalk board and pointed it out to me. I immediately remembered writing a note about it in my phone and had to try the puff.

If interested, check out the rest of my post HERE

Jimgotkp and LizzyDragon84 like this.
  2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm heading to Singapore next month- I'll have to track this down.

MLW20 likes this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's worth a try...lol Make sure to check out some of the hawker centers. You can get some really good, inexpensive food with lots of variety.

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well not really fast food but aThai restaurant near my home ( in Tampa) has them as a menu item.

5. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am personally a fan of curry puffs, though I have seen them under many names in Thai restaurants. I ordered some last week from my favorite "real" thai restaurant (they have thai signs and serve khao soi) and they were very sweet and not savory. My wife suspected they had taro in them.

6. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like something I'd see either in a mediocre (most of them) airport lounge or in a giant southern Chinese spa, served with cherry tomatoes for dessert.