Straining MMB

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by adl73x, May 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems BA ManageMyBooking can cope with BA codeshares on QF, but not JL codeshares on CX on the same booking. MMB says HKG-BNE as JL on CX metal in I (Discount J) earns 0 miles and 0 tier credits.

Tried putting the HKG - BNE on JL in Business into to the Partner Earn calculator and also got double zero.

The Partner earn table clearly says I on JL earns 125% of miles flown and BAEC Tier Credits (should be 240 for that sector).

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that MMB takes its data from the same database as feeds the calculator.

I think it should be 120 Tier Points for that sector; 240 for a round trip.

adl73x likes this.
  3. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming youre going via Tokyo, you need to enter the legs seperately: First HKG-NRT (or HND), then NRT/HND-BNE. That should give 40 TP for the first leg, and 120 for the second leg.

As it says on the calculator page on ba.com:

4. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. No, I wasn't going via Tokyo. Just HKG-BNE on a JL codeshare on CX metal.

5. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, sorry. Re-reading your post now, I notice that you mention that.

You should anyway chose CX on the calculator, as they are the operating carrier.

6. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not with BA. It is the ticketed carrier rather than the operating carrier that will govern the BA Miles and TPs for the flight. BA is unlike Star Alliance carriers in that respect.

This is just a TP Calculator glitch, probably because it is an off-the-beaten-track route.