Stopovers on a mileage booking with LAN kilometers?

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by UA191, Sep 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all.

I'm planning on using some LAN kilometers to fly YYZ-LGA-DCA-YYZ on AA.
    If I just book YYZ-DCA on AA, it's 16,000 kilometers r/t.
    Can I use my kilometers to book an itinerary on AA with a 2 day (1 night) stopover in LGA?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but let me throw out a few other ideas for consideration for your travel.

1-LAN runs a daily service from JFK to yyz on one of their long haul planes. You might consider trying to catch this flight - it is probably the only non-RJ services between these two cities.
    2-Beyond the LAN flight, AC has the best product offering (with a not-so-bad j cabin on the rjs - full ife, hot meal, etc) on the route. From your signature like, it looks like you probably have points within *A that you could use for AC (though probably not at a rate as attractive as lan's short haul rates).

UA191 likes this.
  3. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAN no longer runs the YYZ-JFK hop. They axed it because the loads were usually anywhere from 20-50%.
    The attractive thing about using LAN kilometers is that it only costs 16,000 kilometers (9941 flown miles) r/t.
    I agree that AC has a much better product, but if I were to use UA miles, it would be 25,000 r/t.