Stopovers and Open-Jaws on single zone reward tickets.

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by SOLTATIO, Jun 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SOLTATIO

SOLTATIO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi fellow MilePointers.
    I'm trying to find a more definite answer on conflicting answers provided to me by Aeroplan (AE) booking agents. The AE website hasn't been of much help either. I'm wanting to book a reward within the AE Asia Zone 1 (Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand etc.)
    The flights are as follows:
    • Outbound: ICN - SIN - BKK (Destination)
    • Inbound: BKK - ICN
    Now I would like to include a stopover in SIN en-route to BKK. The AE website says 2 stopovers are permitted on "intercontinental travel", but since ICN, SIN and BKK are all in Asia Zone 1, I suspect this is not included? One AE agent told me the route with a stopover would be valid (unfortunately I wasn't ready to book at that time), but 2 agents I spoke to at a later stage told me that only an OJ is allowed and no stopovers.
    Any other experiences in this regard?

2. SOLTATIO

SOLTATIO Silver Member

Status Points:
    No responses? :( Can someone maybe just direct me to a link/website etc which I can go search through for the answers? :(

3. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the answer, but the fact that you got conflicting answers from AE is not surprising. I might (if I were you) just try to book and if they say it's not allowed, then don't finalize the booking and try again. You'll likely get what you want in the end.