Stopover question

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by NYBanker, Sep 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi. Two quick questions on BA.

1) If I book lhr-JFK-Mia on a one way BA award ticket, can I get a stopover of unlimited duration in JFK?

2) Can I change the date of my JFK-Mia segment after my travel has commenced?

I know these are answered elsewhere, but appreciate any answers from experts who know this definitively on the wire.

DeltaExpert and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes to stopover of unlimited duration.

But no changes to the award after travel has commenced (which is why I always book BA awards as one-way and not roundtrip, only exception would be using a companion award cert, changing both directions or cancelling/redepositing incurs double the fees that way but the additional flexibility to change the return after the outbound begins is worthwhile... the rule is changes are permitted up until 24 hours prior to departure of first flight, if I recall correctly.)

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    And I gave you a like, but it's really directed at your avatar... ;) Mmmm d'Yquem.

NYBanker likes this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the answers. I thought this was the case, but was holding out hope for ability to change.

Could I beg of you one more...if I book using AA miles for a a flight tatl, then connecting to AA for the mia segment, I know I get the stopover on AA...can I change the Mia dates once travel began if I use an AA award?

Re the avatar, someone in the FL Lounge asked if the avatar was Chateau Yogurt! BA serves a decent dessert wine (a sticky) in F, but not this decent.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes, AA allows stopovers at the North American gateway city, in this case JFK. And you can change dates after travel commences. So using AA miles on this award would allow you to do what you propose. I still remember my first bottle of Yquem, it was a '76...

NYBanker and DeltaExpert like this.