Stopover on US to JRO flight allowed?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Travelmom4, Jul 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelmom4

Travelmom4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently contacted a booking service for help with a couple of business class tickets to Tanzania next summer. We were originally considering flying from New Orleans (MSY) to Kilimanjaro airport (JRO) with a stopover for a few days in Amsterdam. I received a brief note from the service that said that Air France doesn't allow stopovers. The comment was made in the context of answering several questions that I had and I am wondering if the booker is confused or if I misunderstood as I am sure I have read articles about using stopovers on DL awards.
    Can someone help clarify where the issue might be?

anileze likes this.
  2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booker is confused, as they always seem to be with SkyMiles. DL allows one stopover (on a valid routing, which AMS should be on an MSY-JRO trip) and one open jaw on award tickets.

anileze likes this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any out of the ordinary award booking, it is better to call DL's Elite number. Plus $25 service charge

Davescj and Flyer1976 like this.
  4. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would note, however, if you call and say that the website would not book the "legal" ticket, despite availability, sometimes they will waive the fee.

anileze likes this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:

True, which is what I did. As a norm, for a stopover on an international award, and return from another airport.