STL-BCN, MRS-SCN March 10-18

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by cheryld, Nov 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, trying to book the best routing/price for my daughter and her friend to travel to Barcelona, then back from Provence area. As I don't want her making 2 stops on the outbound and I don't want to route her through LHR on the return - the best I can find is $921 before taxes on AA. I have searched for a promo code - to no avail. I know I can use the AA gift cards from Costco. But before I pull the trigger, I want to make sure I haven't missed a promo code or cheaper fair. Matrix search doesn't pull up anything cheaper that meats my criteria. Any student discounts? StudentUniverse was recommended, but I only see discounts for packages or certain sites.
    Thank you!

2. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Eeks - title should be STL-ORD, MRS-STL - that makes more sense...

3. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are the travel dates? You have options of using AA metal to Barcelona from JFK and Madrid from Miami, Dallas and NYC. You can fly to madrid on iberia from Chicago, there are many options here. Also coming home there is milan, paris, etc. There are many options here... I would avoid LHR.. Can you use miles? The travel dates really are key as if you fly during peak season the fares are higher. 2 weeks ago i saw some Europe cheap fares on the main webpage of AA, but those may be gone....

4. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, thanks - her dates are March 10 departure and March 18th return. I'd love to use miles - but didn't seem possible. Has to be those dates as it is her Spring Break. Thanks!

5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points: