Still waiting for a response from customer service...you can do better AA!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by chef4u, May 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    About 6 weeks ago, I submitted a request to AA for some missing miles etc. I sent a hard copy to their 'snail-mail' address in Dallas, and as of today, no response, be it good news (miles :)) or bad news( no miles :().Today, I've resubmitted my request electronically, and hopefully, there will be a response.

If by chance there are any AA representatives monitoring MilePoint, please feel free to message me and perhaps you can help me.

Just a little disappointed with the lack of any response on AA's part.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Did you use the online mileage credit form when you submitted your request online? It's probably the easiest method since it's designed specifically for your situation.

I know some promote snail mail as the best way to get a response but I'm not 100% sure it's the best in all situations that arise during air travel. AA does monitor the forum and hopefully you get a response from them either here or via email with your new request. Good luck!

3. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I resubmitted today using the online mileage credit form. Hopefully a response via AA or through MilePoint

4. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear about this! Can you please message us your AAdvantage number and record locator and we'll look into this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    ask and ye shall recieve.... ;)

Unfortunately AA is not in control of the postal service. The online form would've been your best bet to begin with -- but at least now you know for future reference (though hopefully you won't need it!)

6. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to fax-in a copy of boarding pass for an AS segment that didn't post, but it was corrected within a few days of faxing. I'm pleased :)

On another note, when I do send compliment letters/emails, I rarely get a response from AA. I just presume that they received and forwarded them to the appropriate department or supervisor.

7. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've started a 'conversation' with you, in which I've provided all the required information. Thank you for your prompt response.

8. WormHole
    Original Member

WormHole Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why is AA more responsive here than through regular channels?

9. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:

No idea. That being said, still waiting to hear back from AA after a private message to them. :confused:

WormHole likes this.
  10. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:

Still waiting to hear back from you.

11. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just curious what exactly where you supposed to get the miles for... AA flight? partner flight? AA shoppping?

12. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Partner flight and class of service bonus

13. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What partner and was this an AA codeshare? If not, what fare class was your flight booked into? Are you missing EQM, RDM, or both?

14. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:

It was on BA...a paid upgrade....might be missing a class of service bonus and EQM.....hoping AmericanAirlines will get back to me. I've sent him/her the details.

I just wish AA would have responded to me with some sort of acknowledgement. Even if I don't qualify for the extra miles etc, good customer service/relations should apply with a response within in a reasonable amount of time.

I once had a problem with Continental and sent it them a letter by snail mail. They responded in writing within 6 weeks. Am I out of line to expect the same of AA?

15. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ahhh okay, I remember your question now. Seems like you asked on MP and on FT awhile back and that consensus seemed to be that you shouldn't receive the bonus miles.

Regardless, AA could probably do a better job of communicating with you. Sending in a request via snail mail (I know there are some who advocate this) seems to me like a detour that delayed action. Six weeks seems sufficient time to get a reply. Did AA respond to your electronic request via AA.com? I know MP's AA rep reached out to you but we really don't know how often someone is checking the account here. Hopefully you get a response, even if they say they're still researching, soon though.

16. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you "DD". You are correct with the consensus, and although I might (emphasis MIGHT) concede I'm wrong in regard to my class of service bonus and EQP request, it's now the lack of a reasonable response time that irks me.

I did receive acknowledgment/receipt of my electronic submission. As of today, no reply to the snail mail or online submission.

Patience is a virtue!

17. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, it's been 3 months since I'm fighting for a Refund from a canceld ticket on early January this year. I've sent more than 20 emails to AA BR and AA USA, but no answer. I called them, and the CSA told me to send the email to a specific AA address, I did, not once, not twice, but twrice and still nothing. If by this wednesday I can't solve this issue with AA, I'll be going to Small Claims here in Brazil. We have a Consumer Code which states that if a company failed to refund you before the legal action, then if it is founded guilty will have to refund the double original value. I did really not want to this to come. I even suggested to the CSA to issue a voucher for me, because this money will be used in future AA travels anyway, but unfortunately I wasn't able to solve this. I tryed. I hope the oficial representative look into this and try clarify why this is happenning! :(

18. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Eloy - we shared this with our Customer Relations team. They should be reaching out to you directly to resolve. Please send us a PM if you have any additional issues with this.

19. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Missing miles were posted. Thank you to AmericanAirlines (I assume you were involved) for helping. Still no letter of explanation, only miles :confused:

20. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's too bad, I'd like to hear the rational behind the miles being awarded because it's important to know. Did they give the miles because you actually were owed them meaning that in the future we know that you get COS bonus for BA purchased upgrades, or was it a "we're sorry we dropped the ball" miles deposit?

21. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice subtle attempt at playing devils advocate here:)

I actually am in two minds about all this. I certainly hope we not get into the habit of submitting requests to American Airlines ( the company repesentative not the airine) whenever one is missing the posting of few miles.

I would suggest that their presence be reserved for dealling with more substantive questions regarding the Advantage program.

22. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The Twitter-ization of MP. ;)

At least the forum is still small enough that it doesn't get cluttered. AA's Twitter and FB interaction can be so bewildering with individual complaints/requests that its essentially just a social interaction, not an avenue for AA information.

23. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:

Respectfully, good customer service will look at all problems, big and small, or substantive (in your words). I contacted AA directly via their customer service portal and regular mail. As of today, still no response. My inquiry/comment/posting via MilePoint was/is the result of their inaction. I asked a question, and "AmericanAirlines" from this board chose to contact me via this forum, hence the ongoing debate and dialogue.

In similar experiences with other FF programs, a prompt response is the norm. I hope AA will step up and be proactive with their response times.

In the end, I'll still fly AA.

Eloy Fonseca Neto likes this.