sticker upgrades

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by avelaj, Aug 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. avelaj

avelaj Active Member

Status Points:
    I am flying aa lga-dfw-cos. checked upgrade request box at time of res. Checked other stuff on AA and noticed boxes not checked so it redid. Re miles needed, amount shown outbound correct, on return just zeros. Anyone know about this?

zpaul likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My upgrade requests reset for a later trip in October also. I don't know why it reset since the flight details have not changed, but it could also be a technical error on their end.

zpaul likes this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sounds like a technical glitch. When you reference miles needed, are you referring to the number of stickers (500-mile upgrades) needed?

zpaul likes this.
  4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA updated schedules over the weekend; various changes have been noted in other threads regarding changed flight numbers and fight times; many people's upgrade requests disappeared even if there were no changes to the flight. If you can't request the UG online, give the desk a call (I did, and not only got back on the list but she pushed through an upgrade for me on a trans-con flight right away!).

5. avelaj

avelaj Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes

zpaul likes this.
  6. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, my flight for next week has changed 3 times already. :mad: The upgrades disappeared on a later flight, but it might be worth a call. Thanks.

zpaul likes this.
  7. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    What AA.com chooses to show you, and if that would be correlated with what AA has in its own records, is a hit and miss proposition. In the last few days, it has lost one of my flights, then found it, declared that seat-selection was not offered on one of my 4 segments, then offered it later, told me that no ORD-PHX flights existed when I could have booked one on Orbitz, and so on. On important matters, I call AA. Others I go with the flow. :)

zpaul likes this.
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    As noted above by others, most likely a technical glitch. Call to have upgrade request re-requested. :)

zpaul likes this.
  9. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    As noted above by others, most likely a technical glitch. Call to have upgrade request re-requested. :)

zpaul likes this.
  10. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened to us too with the recent flight number changes.

zpaul likes this.