Staying at PH NYC will I be able to use points for whole Sydney Trip?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by adamefimoff2, May 2, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am thinking of 7 days in Sydney . I have (or my mum has paid for) 5 days in Park Hyatt NYC how much points do I usually get for Park Hyatt. Please see my file for more info @Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge

Sat 07 May 16 at 15:00

Fri 13 May 16 at 10:00

NEW YORK NY 10019

Room Type: Park Deluxe Room

Attached Files:

2. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    Also would it be better to buy a room at PH Sydney and use those points combined w/th NYC for Paris or Tokyo (you get the idea)

3. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    And my mum has paid for this room would it be better for me to pay for an upgrade to help the process.

4. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi adamefimoff2,

In order for a Hyatt Gold Passport member to receive Hyatt Gold Passport points, the bill for charges must be in that member's name and member must personally pay for all charges. A member's membership number cannot be used by anyone else in order to accrue Hyatt Gold Passport points, benefits, promotion credits or upgraded membership status. A Hyatt Gold Passport member will only receive points for all qualifying charges after the member completes his/her stay and is checked out of the hotel.

When earning points you earn 5 points per eligible dollar. Below is a link to our terms and conditions were you can find more information about earning points.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-service/gp-terms-conditions.jsp

5. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    My mum is paying but my number is attached should my mum have one jic

6. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hello adamefimoff2!

I would most definitely have her enroll in Gold Passport so she can receive the points for the rooms she is purchasing. You will not earn the points if you are not directly paying for the room. Then you can always transfer points between the two accounts with our Point Combining form on www.goldpassport.com.

Safe travels,
    Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate