Staying at Hyatt under company credit card - can I get any credit?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Lou, Jan 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an odd question I'm hoping someone can help sort out. I'm staying at a Hyatt frequently over the coming year (Hyatt Regency Sacramento - a lovely hotel with a fantastic gym). I'll easily put in 50 nights, and probably more like 80. However, the client is paying for the rooms with their credit card while I only pay for incidentals.

Is there any way for me to earn status at Hyatt under this scenario? I'd love to earn status (even if that doesn't mean points).

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That all depends, Lou. You should be able to earn the points associated with the room as long as your client does not provide his/her Hyatt GP account number when the reservations are made. All you have to do is give the hotel your HGP info and wa la, the points are yours. However, if the client has referenced his/her HGP, then you are out of luck...

mrredskin and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    which means Lou that you have this conversation w/the hotel NOT your client, don't want to give them ideas.:)

4. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, guess I should have mentioned that too... :confused: oops...

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    we all know that even if Lou did have the conversation w/their client, most probably wouldn't care if he used his GP account as they don't understand the benefits or think it is too much of a hassle, but I can imagine there is a small % that would act on it and put in their account #.
    oh, you want the points.:)

6. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Also, make sure you have at least a small incidental charge on each folio, chances are much better for stay credit / points.

anabolism and Sweet Willie like this.
  7. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Conceptually, it's much the same as flying on a ticket purchased by someone else: you sat in the seat, you earn the miles. Hotels should be the same. In my own experience, most hotels don't care and are happy to credit the stay to whomever is in front of them except when the room is paid by an airline voucher. In those cases, hotels have generally refused to give me credit or any status recognition at all.

8. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would make sure at check in that your FF# is used and you should be fine. As a corporate travel manager when I put stays or air on my credit card as a third party pay - the forms do not usually list space for FF# as it assumes guest will receive points. I only know of a few corporate travel programs that keep points but they are usually Amex corporate card points but what a headache to manage

kenbo likes this.
  9. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's probably worth getting Hyatt Plat status (e.g. Hyatt Chase CC) before you start your stays.