Staybridge Suites Dulles-Herndon, VA

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by rwoman, Dec 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I stayed at this property last night as I got a good rate, wanted to expand my list of properties for the 4x promo, and had an early flight from IAD this morning. I have pics and will post one I get home.

Check in:
    The desk agent was friendly and promptly got me checked in, also recognizing my PC Plat status. He also ensured I knew about the Sundowner offering for dinner - tacos.

Room: The room was spacious and like a one bedroom apartment. The linens and towels were nice, there was a good hair dryer, and decent toiletries.

Internet: There is wired and wifi connections. The wifi signal was not consistent anywhere nor was it stable.

Shuttle: They have a complimentary shuttle, but it does not start until 0630, which makes it useless for early flights. It cost me about $12 for a taxi to the airport.

That said, there were several not good things about this stay:

- No wifi instructions or code as indicated by the front desk. It was late and I was tired do I did not pursue it further.
    - The shower curtain was gross - a combination of red and black mold. There was also hair (not mine) in the shower.
    - I found a combination of peanut shells and pine cones on the bedroom floor.

If staying at IAD again, I probably would not pick this property.

Thanks for reading!

viguera, uggboy and sendaiben like this.
  2. IHGCare

IHGCare Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear rwoman,

We noticed your review for the StayBridge Suites Dulles - Herndon. I am glad to see that you highlighted
    the positive parts of your stay such as the Sundowner dinner and the spacious room.
    I am concerned about the mold in your shower and would like to follow up on that.
    I am unable to send you a private message on this site. I would like to obtain more information.
    Could you please send me a private message with the following information.

Please include:
    - The name the reservation was under as well as confirmation number, if possible.
    - The amount of your nightly room rate
    - The dates of your stay
    - Your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.
    Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing
    from you and being of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    ^Katie
    Case Manager
    IHGCare

uggboy likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Katie - I've sent you the requested details.

Thanks,
    robin

uggboy likes this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Again,

Unfortunately, no pics of the peanut shells, pine cones, or mold...but here is the room:

Living area/kitchen:
    [​IMG]

Bedroom:
    [​IMG]

Sink area:
    [​IMG]

Shower/toilet:
    [​IMG]

MLW20 and uggboy like this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    All,

I just wanted to extend my thanks to Katie/IHGCare regarding this stay. Their efforts are appreciated and will encourage me to continue using IHG properties!

:)