Stay One Night at Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Darcie, Nov 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Darcie
    Original Member

Darcie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Radisson is giving away 50,000 Gold Points to the first 50,000 Club Carlson members who register and stay at a Radisson hotel through Dec. 30, 2011.

Edit:
    To be eligible to receive the 50,000 point bonus, you must be one of the first 50,000 people to register so be sure to get online when registration becomes available at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com on Nov. 10.
    If you register after the first 50,000 registrations, you'll receive 15,000 bonus Gold Points for your stay. It doesn't matter when you complete your stay, as long as you stay one night at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean between Nov. 10 and Dec. 30. And the promotion is valid on existing reservations as long as you complete your stay by Dec. 30.

Here's the link to the registration page, but you can't register until Nov. 10 at 12:01am ET: http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com
    And a link to the press release: http://www.webflyer.com/link/?5546

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Club Carlson is going insane with these free points. I like them. :)

3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is awesome - thanks so much for sharing! Now just to figure out if/how I can work in a Radisson stay.....

4. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for this!!

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - am I correct that it is only Radisson properties, not the Club Carlson family of hotels? :)

6. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't see that this offer registration is up yet. Am I missing something?

JohnDeere19, nime01 and rwoman like this.
  7. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, interesting, interesting. I could get a ~$95 (tax inc.) rate at a local Radisson and use the points at a Cat 5 Radisson in Antwerp next summer that normally goes for 254,00 + tax. Hmmmmmm. I'd even have points left over!

Curious if registration opens on 11/10 or if it will be a surprise? Also wondering, based on the wording, if the first 50K to register get the points after they stay between 11/10 and 12/31 or if the first 50K who stay between 11/10 and 12/31 get the points if they are registered? Can't find anything about the promo on Radisson.com or ClubCarlson.com page yet.

Either way, thanks fo the tip!

rwoman, JohnDeere19 and nime01 like this.
  8. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the advance notice. I found a Radisson for $70 that I could stay in the week of Nov. 14. For 50,000 points, that's quite a deal.

rwoman, JohnDeere19 and viguera like this.
  9. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The wording is not clear and being on PR Newswire I doubt it more than I would if it was on the Club Carlson website itself. I hope it's not one of those "up to 50k points" where you get 1k for the first stay and 50k for the 10th. :)

11. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually that's another one of the seemingly never ending promos that they have... :)

I think they have a daily/weekly thing where you enter to win a $10k trip.

12. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    rwoman, nime01 and Jimgotkp like this.
  13. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chicago has Radissons at $70+ tax (AAA rate)

miles and smiles and viguera like this.
  14. tjbrooks

tjbrooks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ooh, there's a Radisson $66 all-in 15 mi from me. Definitely not staying the night though, based on TripAdvisor reviews...

15. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    And where are you located?

miles and smiles likes this.
  16. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Here is Radisson's countdown page with some more details:
    http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com/countdown

The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club CarlsonSM members for new reservations. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any participating Radisson® or Radisson Blu hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean ("Participating Hotels"). The Qualifying Stay must begin on or after November 10, 2011 and be completed by December 30, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights through the Promotion Period, for which the guest specifically booked a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Eligible rate Terms and Conditions. Guest must be enrolled in Club Carlson and registered in the Promotion at the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 50,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay. Every guest who completes the Promotion Registration after the first 50,000 registrations will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a regular stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points. Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to appear on account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other package, promotion, group or convention rate, or any other discounted rate. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. Participating Hotels are subject to change without notice and the number of rooms and room types available for this Promotion at Participating Hotels may be limited. Promotion void where prohibited by law. Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Radisson is not responsible for: interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Registration information. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought about doing this. I just recently signed up for Club Carlson due to the 5k point give-away (note to self: unlike on FB). But really, I don't think I need another more or less orphan account to deal with, especially considering that I always have trouble maintaining elite status (3 MR nights this year). I'd have to pay about $85 (and a 50 mile car trip) now to get a free, say, $250 at some undetermined time in the future. I think I'll pass.

But nice promo for those who are into Club Carlson!

rwoman and miles and smiles like this.
  18. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I like this sentence:
    These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a regular stay.
    Club Carlson is being very generous with this promo !

rwoman likes this.
  19. tjbrooks

tjbrooks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Radisson in Whittier, I just put some random Dec. date into Kayak. No idea if it's an eligible rate or whatnot.

miles and smiles and rwoman like this.
  20. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not liking the terms that clearly say promotion not valid on existing reservations. Argh. They'll jack the prices up before registration is live.

21. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think this is the key sentence that many of us were wondering about:

The first 50,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay.

So, assuming they tell you if you are in the first 50k, you should know you're eligible before you do the stay.

miles and smiles and rwoman like this.
  22. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seriously? Registration opens at Midnight EST on 11/11/11?? :confused: Who thought THAT was a good idea? Why not have it at 06:00 and screw over the West Coast? :p

At least it is the first 50K to register. Bummer about the new registrations only, but I can wait to book. That only Radisson and Radisson Blu count is a bit of an annoyance, but again, for 100K points between my wife and me, I'm sure we'll come up with something that works. Maybe my son needs a 3-yo night out? ;)

rwoman, miles and smiles and viguera like this.
  23. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you book on the Radisson website and look at the details of your booking, it will tell you if your stay will receive points/miles. I tried it for a 30% discount rate that was being offered at the Radisson in N. Charleston, SC and it said no points/miles, while bookings at the regular rate did receive points/miles.

rwoman and flyingdawg like this.
  24. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never stayed at a Carlson hotel, but I suppose 50K points are valuable for a night stay at a high-Category hotel.

Am I right to say that there are no good MR deals on Radissons in NYC (haven't looked at Westchester... not practical for me, from Long Island).

I have a trip to SFBay coming up in 2 weeks... the Radisson SJC has a BAR of $114. I can't book that hotel through my corporate travel agency, but I could book it privately and treat it as a straight matress run. If that nets me 50K points that I can use for a stay at one of the two NYC Radissons this winter, that's a good deal, right?

rwoman and miles and smiles like this.
  25. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You cal also receive 2000 points for joining Club Carlson and 1000 points for booking online (more if you are elite) at Club Carlson and a $114 stay will net you 2280 points. So, that's 5,280 + 50,000 for 55,280 points. That's more than enough for 1 night at the top category or 6 nights at the lowest category.

IDGflygirl, flyingdawg and rwoman like this.