Stay at NYC Radisson Martinique

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by LAM, Mar 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

I had a one night stay at the Radisson Martinique this week. I used the free night credit that I got from a paid stay in the fall. It was a good stay but I would not say a great stay. I arrived around 2 pm and turned down a paid upgrade to a suite but they did not have a basic room cleaned yet. They gave me an upgrade to an executive room but I don't know if this was because I am a gold or they would have done it for any guest. The room was large for a NYC room. It was a queen with a pull out couch so with children it would be a good room. The executive floor (there is no lounge so it is sort of a joke) is on the 17th floor. The room was very clean and in good shape. The view was into the windows of another office building but I guess that is the case in many hotels in NYC. The floor was silent which was great for sleeping. Overall I got the value out of the stay as my paid stay was only $70 and basic rooms were going for $195+ for the night.

There were a couple of small complaints. The front desk personnel were not overly friendly. My status was never recognized. The elevators are slow and small. It was not a problem for my stay but I could see on a busy day they could be a problem. My safe was not reset so I could not use it. I know this is really picky but the trash can was way too small.

Overall it was a good stay. The location is good (next to the subway and near Penn Station as I traveled by train). There are plenty of restaurants and shopping near by. There is a great dollar store down the block where you can buy snacks and drinks inexpensively. I would stay there again if the price was right.
    DCA Rob and flyingdawg like this.