Status with 3rd party site

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by TUMD, Jan 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know that you can not accumulate hotel points when booking through a 3rd party site (except for pointshound doubling up) but do some chains still recognize your status as far as breakfast or upgrades?

uggboy likes this.
  2. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ORD Hilton did it for me. Plus you can still get points for incidentals so be sure to give them your account number when you check in.

uggboy and ffitalia like this.
  3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe Hyatt, Starwood and Marriott all recognize your status when you check in, even if you booked the site through a third party. Just add your status to the reservation when you check in. I've also had Accor Hotels recognize my free status as well (through one of Gary's regular links).

4. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    The official rule for SPG is that elite benefits do not apply when staying at a third party booked reservation. But it seems like a lot if properties will go out of their way and offer you the benefits regardless.

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt took care if me, my wire booked the room through Priceline, sometime her company books the room, we show the card, and no problem,

I have also charged a few item and paid for them with the Hyatt card and a few extra points seem to appear.