Status Matching

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Efilon87, Nov 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have Platinum status with A|Club (Accor Hotel). Which hotels/airlines will match that status? Also, do I need to meet those requirements each year, or is it a lifetime platinum status? Thanks everyone!!

NickM_LA

alohastephen likes this.
  2. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think most of you will know how I attained Platinum status without staying one night at one of their hotels, but I dont want to mention directly how I did it because I dont want that loophole to close for others.

alohastephen likes this.
  3. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I hate to say it but isn`t the deal you mention already viral and all over FT and MP? It`s hardly top secret.
    No airlines will match it but Priority Club, Carlson, Omni and Best Western would probably would.
    You will need to meet the requirements to keep the status or find another promo to get Platinum again with Accor which seem to come up a lot.

Mikel and Jimgotkp like this.
  4. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    They seem to give out gold and platinum at Accor like it's nothing. They always seem to be deals based on banking accounts in other countries, so maybe that's why it's not a huge deal here? I just feel like if it was that easy to get top tier the hotels wouldn't care. Or maybe the prices are priced accordingly for the large platinum population.

Either way I highly doubt anyone is going to match it, especially if they ask for a stay summary and you have 0 stays. Best Western says they will match any status, so you could probably get that easily. It's not worth much and personally I've only stayed at a Best Western a handful of times in my life so it's worthless for me.

There are plenty of other hotel statuses that can be attained without any stays though, so just go for those if you want more.

As for airline status. Airlines will never match anything from a hotel and as far as I know, they all do challenges instead of matches anyway.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have Marriott Rewards Gold membership, is it possible to get a status match from Priority Club?

miles and smiles and misman like this.
  6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can email them at:
    PriorityClub@ihg.com
    They will probably ask for proof of your Marriott status.

7. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I'm wondering is it smart that I'm asking for it right now because all the status are reset the end of this year?

8. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally, status matches done in the latter part of the year are good for the remainder of that year and the next full year.

However, be sure to read up on the actual practices of the specific program you are seeking to obtain.

9. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If you get matched now it will include this year and all of next year.

10. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone considered setting up a wiki that compiles all airline / hotel status matches?

11. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope so but I saw someone said something else in another forum. They said something like if you got status match this december you will get match until the end of 2011. I sent off the e-mail and let's see what happens.

12. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have asked a number of hotels for status match based on my diamond hyatt status. here are my results:

SPG- required a 'status challenge' to reach their highest level. When I said I could not attain that in the next 3 months, I asked if they could give me another level status. they gave me gold status.

Priority (holiday inn, etc). Required me to fax my statement. I did so, and they made me platinum while still on the phone.

Carlsson - made me gold.

Hilton - this was the most surprising because I am presently a hilton gold member (which will expire this february 2012). I initially asked for a diamond status match. I faxed in the materials. Although the phone rep seemed to indicate that I would get the diamond status as a matter of course within a few days, that was not the case. Instead, about a week later, I received a letter denying the request. on a supbsequent call, I was told that they would do a status challenge, but the requirements were way too hefty. I asked if instead, based on my loyalty, and many-year history as a gold hilton member, they would be willing to extend my gold status through the end of 2012. The rep said "no." she indicated that after the first of the year, there would probably be a status challenge that I could try to participate in in order to earn gold status.

YULtide likes this.
  13. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
  14. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mr. Nacho got PC Plat by using his MR Gold.

15. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is an example of a ”status challenge?”

Jett Rink likes this.
  16. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having to complete a specified amount of stays/nights in a specified period of time.

Chimpy and Jett Rink like this.
  17. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Current SPG platinum challenge I was informed of today is for 18 nights in a three whole-month period. You can retroactively have nights from the past two months count if you call in the third month. If you chose three months but realize you won't make it, you can have them switch the three month period. Once in a lifetime opportunity... Once you successfully complete it, you can't do the challenge again and have to earn it.

I don't know if this challenge is specific to my company or the standard plat challenge they offer.