Status Match

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by vickers, Nov 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just called 1-888-211-9874 and requested a status match to my Best Western Diamond Elite. Spoke with a very nice representative who asked me for a screen shot. I emailed directly to her address. She placed me on hold and updated my account to Platinum. Very easy and painless process.

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations, Vickers!

I'd surely enjoy learning about other similar status matches in airline/hotel programs! :)

Newscience

3. shahr04360

shahr04360 Active Member

Status Points:
    LOL, they seek my BW statement for verification that shows my BW's Diamond Elite validity. Even refuse by forward email from BW rep.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    vickers likes this.
  4. qwgurnee

qwgurnee Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this post. The IHG representative I called held on the line while I emailed her a screen shot of my the competing account... the call was about two minutes and I'm instantly Platinum.

Flyer1976, vickers and Sweet Willie like this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    many matches are a once per account occurrence so I'd be judicious on when to utilize a match (make sure you are going to fully use the new status). Also plan timing of status match for maximizing length of status.
    Congrats!

The pain will come when you realize how worthless IHG Platinum is, except the extra 50% bonus points.

I find the stories of getting of "woo-hoo I got an upgrade at the Omaha Holiday Inn" to be a bit funny.

For the first time in years I'm letting my IHG Plat lapse due to new earning requirements (base points & points for point packages count), IHG Plat really needs to revamp their program IMO, the benefits of being Plat are minimal compared to their peers.

ffitalia, vickers and RichHudson like this.
  6. RichHudson

RichHudson Active Member

Status Points:
    You do get bonus codes which trigger additional points - I got 16,000 for my last stay through bonus codes - but these can also be achieved with Gold Elite. Gold Elite is much easier to attain than Platinum Elite.

I only have Platinum because of the Status Match from BW. When it runs out I won't be chasing Platinum, although I might take out an IHG Rewards Club Black Visa, so may end up with it anyway.

vickers and Sweet Willie like this.
  7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    until IHG makes Platinum worthwhile with more meaningful perks/benes, I would hope most will not be chasing Plat.

vickers and RichHudson like this.
  8. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a stay coming the first week in December, and with the stacked promos and Big Win Promotion, Im looking forward to see how many points I earn.

9. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    oh don't get me wrong, I still participate with IHG when the promo(s) at other chains are lacking. IHG is my go to in that case. The points do come in handy, especially if one can nail a stay with pointbreaks.

IIRC from your thread, you did pretty well:)

ping pong, vickers and Flyer1976 like this.