Status Match Question on Delta - MQM from Air France?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by davidbbrenner, May 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. davidbbrenner

davidbbrenner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good afternoon milepoint friends!

I am attempting to satisfy a status match challenge on Delta to Platinum Medallion (I am United 1K) in the next 90 days.

I have three flights upcoming in Y class:

DCA-MSP-CDG-NAP (5,936 actual miles)
    NAP-CDG-ATL-DCA (5,743 actual miles)
    DCA-ATL-CDG-NAP (5,936 actual miles)

Total is 17,615 actual miles, but as Y class, they should get the 50% MQM bonus, bringing the total to 26,422, and satisfying the challenge.

But here's the problem. Everything is on flights operated by Delta, except the NAP-CDG portion, which is operated by Air France. I know they also give the 50% MQM bonus for Y class, so I will still end up with 26,422 MQMs within the 90 days, but buried in the "fine print" on the status match challenge says "valid on flights operated by Delta or Delta Connection."

Has anyone successfully met their challenge having some of the miles flown on a carrier other than Delta, or are they really going to be sticklers? If they don't count the Air France portion, that's 3,600 MQMs I'd lose towards achieving the challenge, even though I would have 26,422 MQMs in my account. Sadly enough, 2 1/2 weeks after the 90 days ends, I have another NAP-CDG-ATL-DCA trip in Y class, but I don't know if Delta would take that into consideration.
    I would hope that they would do so, but who knows. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Dave

2. atlantaben

atlantaben Member

Status Points:
    Hi Dave. I'm in the same scenario. In a challenge and wondering if the AF coded flight still counted. Did you try it?

3. davidbbrenner

davidbbrenner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good morning Ben, happy to report it did, and actually turned out far better than I had expected. I thought I would get Platinum status through Feb 2014, but received it through 2015, and allowed me to choose SWU already for both 2014 and 2015. I literally was able to upgrade a long haul flight using a certificate less than 48 hours after qualifying.

4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many miles did you have to fly to reach Platinum with the challenge?