Status match not challenge?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Ed Ip, Aug 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I'm a Hyatt noob. Everything I've read indicate Hyatt would issue status challenge but is it possible to get a straight match to any level? I have SPG gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold and IHG platinum.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    To my knowledge, Hyatt did away with full matches a couple years back now.

12 night challenge is the only way I know to get diamond matched. But they at least give it to you for the 60 day challenge period, so it is sort of like a match.

Your HH Gold and IHG Plat would both let you challenge diamond at minimum. Doubt it on SPG Gold but Marriott might qualify you as well.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hyatt isn't always consistet in what they match from or what they require, sometimes they want to see some stay activity in your elite account being matched, sometimes not. And as observed above, the general offer is for 60 days of status during which you get an expedited method to qualify to keep the status.

LauraPDX likes this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I have a friend that was offered a straight status match to Hyatt Plat or a challenge to Diamond within the last 90 days. That's about the third different scenario I recall hearing relative to Hyatt this year. As gleff says, YMMV.

Tenmoc likes this.
  5. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting there are so many variations. I guess I will start the matching process and get what I get. :)

Thanks everyone!

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the Diamond Trial offer and am doing it. It's great that it actually give you the Diamond Status while you do the Challenge/Trail. I have 12 nights booked within a month so I'll make it easy, but it's nice to already reap the rewards of Diamond status (club floor, 4 suite upgrades, etc.)

Tenmoc likes this.
  7. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received the Diamond 60 days trial as well. Dumb questions..

- Are the suite upgrade awards only good on paid stays?
    - Each cert good for upgrade for a stay or per night?

Thanks.

Ed

8. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:

9. iflyjetzzz

iflyjetzzz Active Member

Status Points:
    You can get Hyatt Platinum by just getting the Hyatt Visa so it's not worth going for a trial for Plat. I waited until I was a Diamond (did the Diamond trial) before applying for the Hyatt Visa, as that gave me two suite nights instead of two room nights.

10. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I figured that out after the fact. Except I applied for the card shortly after starting the Diamond challenge. Hopefully that will still net me 2 suite nights.