Status match from delta diamond to UA

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by vjjohnson3, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. vjjohnson3

vjjohnson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are there any recommendations for which number to call or who exactly to contact regarding trying to match status from diamond on delta over into UA/CO.
    Should I contact UA or CO first?
    1K line?
    Thanks!

2. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    First off, welcome to MilePoint!

I don't know whether there are status matches going on currently. However, calling the 1K line only helps if you are 1K. Furthermore, in OnePass, the highest is Platinum (75k miles) and United is 1K, so IF you were able to get a match to the highest level, the United level is higher... however unlikely that may be.

3. vjjohnson3

vjjohnson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Scott!
    I really hope to be on United next year so even if they only grant me gold status or some other option that would be fine.
    Living in southern calif and flying out of LAX and SNA it just doesn't make sense to fly on Delta any more.
    Any suggestions you may have from being a 1 K member are appreciated as I haven't flown on United since before 9/11.
    I guess I'll be calling mileage plus. Hopefully there is a direct number for that.
    Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Will fly exclusively united,continental, and us airways flights next year to gain status.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess is you'll get a challenge, not a match, as that's mostly what is going on right now. Call the Mileage Plus service desk (800.421.4655) and go from there.

And I agree that you'll likely want to start on the UA side as you have the chance at 1K status that way.

5. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since you're based in California, be sure to sign up for the Double EQM promotion for flights between LAX, SNA, SFO and ORD (between now and January on W fares or higher)... You might not benefit BUT you never know...

I am equidistant from LAX and BUR so if time is not a factor, I'll always go out of BUR to get the connection at SFO as it can add 1500 or so miles per RT; you may consider the same out of SNA...

And please let us know how it goes!

6. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    I status matched from DL Diamond in August via email to United and they gave me 1K with condition of flying 35k miles in 90 days. I confirmed that the 1K status will carry thru the new MileagePlus program next year.

7. vjjohnson3

vjjohnson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes after speaking with a few different people at MileagePlus I was able to get the email address to send statements to.
    If they accept my match then my next question is what is the best way to obtain 35k miles in 90 days on United?
    Do they grant more eqm's for higher fares?
    Or should I be getting ready to book an Australia trip?
    Also will I be just a regular member during the "challenge" and have to pay for economy plus seating or early boarding?

Also how are the red carpet clubs at lax and sna? Are they pretty crowded like the delta club at lax? Does it sometimes get snarled up getting through the united terminal at lax to your flight?
    With delta it was kind of a mess sometimes as they are doing construction between terminal 5 and 6.

Really enjoying Milepoint. Great app!
    Thanks!