Status Match: Etihad Guest Gold

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by jetsetter, Feb 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

For a very limited time, Etihad is offering a match to its gold programme. Might not look very helpful now, but who knows what this can bring along in the near future.

Link here:
    http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/...ges/complimentary-etihad-guest-gold-card.aspx

WilliamQ likes this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Signed up for an Etihad Guest account and sent in my request to status match with Delta Gold.

jetsetter likes this.
  3. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the Gold status match last year to try Etihad out

it did not measure up particularly well against Emirates but I did like that you could 'bid' for a Business Class seat if you purchased an Economy ticket (I only fly Business for flights over 6 hours)

Abu Dhabi Airport is ho-hum and the lounge nothing special but decent

my understanding is that they are competitive on long-haul flights in Business Class for Europe to Asia but my two key cities are Dubai and Hong Kong, where they have no flights

jetsetter and WilliamQ like this.
  4. A2A

A2A Silver Member

Status Points:
    T&C changed, now only valid for those who reside in the UAE.

jetsetter likes this.
  5. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, reported in Australian Business Traveller too : http://www.ausbt.com.au/frequent-flyers-free-etihad-guest-gold-status-match-deal

Australian Business Traveller mentioned they have contacted Etihad Airways to enquire if the airline will honour status match applications made from Etihad Guest members outside the UAE before the terms and conditions were changed, and awaiting their reply

deja vu of the recent 25000 bonus miles offer by Etihad....

jetsetter likes this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saw this mentioned in LoyaltyLobby as well.

Regardless, even if they did not specifically mentioned this in a revised T&C, they always have discretion on their side to status match only those they approved.

I suspect it does not really matter if they will honor those sent before the T&C update as at most, they will review and consider your request but it does not mean you will definitely get matched.

Pity.

jetsetter likes this.
  7. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    if they are only targeting flyers who live in Dubai, it will be an extremely tough sell

the road from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is akin to some hillbilly Nascar race, reckless drivers front and back for 1.5 hours

jetsetter likes this.
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    there's one benefit that i managed to get out of the status match to Etihad Gold last year : upgrade to Swissotel Eleva status with one stay : http://www.swissotel.com/promotions/etihadguestgoldelite/, terrific as Eleva status comes with a complementary night stay certificate, so in essense, the one night stay you booked becomes free.;)

9. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1

best thing about this site

other members sharing benefits and promotions you would never know about

I just joined Swissotel program and though they do not have a large footprint, I will definitely book a night with them this year somewhere :cool:

jetsetter likes this.
  10. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    great, you can't add in the promo code in your Swissotel membership profile on your own, but you can email Swissotel and request for them to add them in for you, send a picture of your Gold Elite Card, and they will add it for you..

jetsetter and WilliamQ like this.
  11. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for sharing. Still hoping for the status match to go through but not very optimistic given the rules change.

jetsetter likes this.
  12. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the information.

I have added the Etihad promotion code to your profile. Please note that it is valid starting today and you will be upgraded to Elevà status after your next stay.

For more information, please visit: http://www.swissotel.com/promotions/etihadguestgoldelite/

We look forward to your next visit with us soon. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Adrian English

Loyalty Services

Swissôtel Circle

FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Canada) Inc.

WilliamQ and jetsetter like this.
  13. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    best parts of Eleva : 1) Premier Award certificate 2) Lounge Access 3) Status for 24 months and you get two shots at qualifying during this period

Eleva Status
    ENJOY BENEFITS SUCH AS:

At this level, you’ll enjoy preferential treatment and select benefits at our hotels worldwide such as:

• Inizia benefits, plus:
    • Daily breakfast and Club Lounge access
    • Complimentary internet, local calls and faxes
    • 48-hour guaranteed room availability*
    • Benefits and stay credits at Raffles and Fairmont properties
    • Premier Awards
    Membership for Elevà status is subject to renewal every 24 months.

Swissotel Circle Elevà members will need to stay at least 20 qualified room nights at Swissotel Hotels & Resorts in a 12-month period, within the two years of the Elevà membership validity in order to re-qualify for Swissotel Circle Elevà status.

jonspencer, kugkai8 and WilliamQ like this.
  14. kugkai8

kugkai8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks just signed up.

15. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never say that a gold status match can bring a little your chance after and the way you use it can bring a lot. While it s free do it but never forget a status match can be done only once per life)))