Status Changes

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by a7800, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. a7800

a7800 Active Member

Status Points:
    What did the status expiration do to everyone's medallion status? Are you staying the same as last year or are you moving up or down?

I'm staying a lowly F.O. after moving most of my travel to United after the merger.

2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same = GM (Really only made GM last yr. due to the very generous BNA promo DL ran last year. Thx DL!)

3. brfort
    Original Member

brfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    GM last year but going for PM this year, I know its cheating and not BIS, but I got 20k rollover so hoping to make up those last 5k somewhere.

DeltaExpert and flyingdawg like this.
  4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just made FO last year, and still there. However, I'm a measly 28 MQMs away from GM (with generous help from rollover, 25K MQM AmEx promo, and 5K MQM DL Platinum AmEx). In running the numbers, I'll make PM with a solid rollover this year. Might even have been able to make PM without the AmEx miles, but it will be nice to have it earlier.

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm still at PM, though the bulk of my business goes to AA (EXP). Will probably remain the same next year, but it will take the AmEx-Skymiles transfer to do it. We've got a corporate deal with both.

For my flying, AA's program is better, but DL's destinations are better (I'm on a long-haul DL flight to IST in April via JFK; AA would have meant a connection at LHR and a BA flight from LHR-IST). UA/CO's not a good option because of our corporate deals.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same old DM for me. Thanks to rollover, the same for next year too.

7. I am DM again this year and with a huge year of flights last year already DM for 2012. I am in a quandry, I will have over 150k of flying again this year to add to my 150k roll over, I am wondering what is my best option, I fly mainly TATL and TPAC. from my reading UA might be my best option. Do they match to their top tier? Any suggestions or thoughts.

8. dwhotz
    Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm unfortunately dropping from GM to FO. However, I am not finding myself on mostly *A flights, so my relationship with DL may be coming to an end for the time being.

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been told that UA doesn't match, only status challenges. However, CO will apparently match up to and including Plat, which is just below 1K in their combined ordering (100K versus 75K status miles normally required, although CO 100K Plats get SWUs, so it's almost like an unpublished status below CO Pres Plat.Of course the kings remain the UA GS folks.)

10. Made GM last year and going to get PM in about a month flying mostly TPAC to North Asia (using a new DL nomination[​IMG]). Didn't decide yet if I should move forward to DM or focus on CO/UA to get status with *A, which are very competitive on TPAC with DL/KE.

11. iloveawardtravel
    Original Member

iloveawardtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same for me (DM -> DM). Thank goodness for rollover!

12. alpinesoccer
    Original Member

alpinesoccer Silver Member

Status Points:
    PM to GM, however I do have 49,000 Miles, due to rollover/Amex Plat MR transfer, so i should hit PM this year in May.
    I was 307 miles short of Plat last year so I held off to do the rollover and then Amex Plat. Now, I will hit Plat for 2011 and 2012 instead of 2010 and 2011.

miles and smiles and DeltaExpert like this.
  13. Made FO the hard way -- 30 segments (live in a market served almost entirely by CRJ) and with the amex platinum and a trip to EZE, hope to be GM in May.

14. geclub1
    Original Member

geclub1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    CO has harmonized their match program with UA early 2011. Now it is challenge based as well.

15. Yeah, CO kind of did this BUT if you meet their challenge at the high end (35K in 3 mos), it only gets you to their Plat level. If you do the same challenge at UA, it gets you to their 1K level.

Back on topic, status expiration didn't apply. DM before, already qualified for DM 2012, should qualify for DM 2013 before year end.

secretsea18 likes this.
  16. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed GM, and earned it with BIS miles, along with a hefty rollover for 2011 from AmEx spending.

secretsea18 likes this.
  17. a7800

a7800 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat. Lots of midwestern hops in CRJs.

There should be a status for that.

secretsea18 and Mtjsb like this.
  18. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    After being top tier in all three alliances for some time, I am finally concluding it would be better to concentrate on one, at most two. With DL every million miles does give you real benefits, not equal with other carriers IME. There is an argument that awards work better with *A than with ST. My own experience favors ST, but maybe I am just lucky. I have bashed DL where i thought it was needed but international awards have not been a problem and access to KE, AK/KL has been good for me. Were I in your shoes, having done what I did, I'd probably stick with DL. Carryover miles are the perplexing thing those as they pile up for you. :)

DeltaExpert likes this.
  19. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess it is a good thing that I did a status match with CO in December 2010 DL PM => CO Plat

20. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to see ya here, Sez_Who!

Post and like to earn valuable SPs! [​IMG]

21. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    PM --> PM. All BIS

DeltaExpert likes this.