Status challenge before cc app?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Liucoke, Jan 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Liucoke

Liucoke Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm eyeing the winter promo, and considering that I was looking to push to Diamond this year anyway, thinking about doing a challenge to secure Diamond in the process.

It seems the promo math heavily favors CC holders, however, and I was considering picking one up anyway so my question is:

If I initiate a challenge, then app for a CC, will I be considered a diamond member for the purposes of the CC signup bonus (I'm currently a legit platinum)?

Thanks for any advice folks can provide here!

2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think so - since during the challenge period, you are considered a Diamond.

3. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I did a challenge in early november. I was granted Diamond Status once I started the challenge and when I applied for the CC they gave me the suite upgrades. It's best to wait a day or two after you start the challenge so that diamond status is applied to your account. I didn't and had to call in to have them investigate it.

4. Liucoke

Liucoke Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome - thanks, Folex and Peteropny!

Related question: is the Hyatt Challenge once-in-a-lifetime like Starwood's challenge and the old matches, or is it repeatable, like American's challenges?

5. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    According to the email I received the challenge can be used once only.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The credit card app states the the member status is determined at the time the application is submitted, not when approved. Do not apply until you see your status as Diamond