Stash Rewards? Possible to actually get points?

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by EastCoastChris, Mar 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. EastCoastChris

EastCoastChris New Member

Status Points:
    My question is about Stash Rewards. I am also kind of a newbie with points and programs so any advice is appreciated. My situation is as follows:
    I am 3000 miles from home on a work assignment for about 3 1/2 months. The boss man let us give him long term stay preferences. I am just coming off an assignment which is going to re-up my Marriott platinum status (stayed at Residence Inn for 56 nights) so I decided not to stay at a Marriott brand.

The other place was a Larkspur Landing all suite long term stay place (the whole Larkspur chain is in Stash) and while the rewards were a little light...5 pts per dollar spent with decent redemptions starting at 20k points...I decided to go for it. I thought one of the nice indy hotels in the program would make for a nice weekend with the hubby when this assignment is over. The Larkspur had decent reviews and looked as good as the local Residence Inn anyway. I talked a coworker in the same situation as me into signing up too - we should both get 500 bonus points. Woot.

But my points are not showing up. I get that all my points may post at once when I check out (though they really should post 2 weeks at a time so I can see whats up like other programs do.) But the 500 bonus points should have showed up when my coworker (who checked in a week later than me) checked in. I checked with the hotel...they claim they cant get into the Stash system. Stash won't email me back. I would like to try to call them but there is no number...only physical address, email and webform listed on the site.

I checked the FAQs on the website for answers and its filled with all kinds of crazy stuff like I cant get any points unless I use my stash email login for checkin. My reservation was under my work email...I signed up for stash rewards with a personal email. I told them I was a stash member with my personal email and there didnt see to be a problem but now it seems I can lose ALL my points just for not switching my email on my reservation before checkin. Thats crazy. (There's no account numbers in Stash...they only use your email.) Any other program lets you add program info any time before you check out and sometimes retroactively. It also says if a stay is billed at a corporate rate you can't get points.It also says you max out earnings at 29 days? What? I cant get any points for the other 2 months I'm there? The rewards are so cheap anyway....I am talking less than 3 free nights at the same chain I'm at (which isnt anywhere near as good as a Marriott anyway.) And its points per dollar...not number of stays. Why would the rate matter? And if they cap the number of nights...why do they take an entire extended stay chain as partners?

All this is buried in the fine print really (linked from
    the FAQs.) I guess I should have read the fine print but I really didnt expect any loyalty program to be THIS bad on paper. I chose them for a nearly 100 day stay. Is there anyway to contact them and talk some sense into them? I mean at this point my group will tell the booking manager of my company and she'll just put everyone at the Marriott. Thats at least going to be $100k a year just from my company. I mean...they will listen to reason right? Anybody have ANY experience with them?

2. bqkali

bqkali Active Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed with Stash before and my points were credited properly and in a timely fashion (however, I did make my reservation with the same e-mail that my Stash account is under and also these were short 1-2 night stays).

I've found Stash to be very responsive and genuinely helpful through social media, so if old-fashioned email hasn't worked for you, I'd try again with Twitter and/or Facebook.

If you're not happy with some of the limitations (i.e. points only for 29 days), I'd suggest looking into other hotels for future stays.

3. mary@stashrewards

mary@stashrewards New Member

Status Points:
    Hi EastCoastChris,
    Mary from Stash here. We are very sorry that you attempted to contact us and did not receive a response. We strive to provide excellent and timely customer support to all of our members, and we apologize that your questions went unanswered.

To address your questions and concerns, we need a little more information so we can take a look at your account activity. Can you please contact us directly at: support @ stashrewards DOT com with your contact information, including your Stash member ID (the email you used when you joined the program)? Please reference Milepoint in your email, as our support team will be awaiting your message. If you could also provide the location of the Larkspur Landing hotel where you are currently staying, that would be very helpful.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards,
    Mary