Starwood properties in Manhattan

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by slalom, Mar 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any that are consistently (i.e. this time of year!) under $300 a night?

Last time I looked, even Four Points are $400 or so.

canucklehead and perryplatypus like this.
  2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check every Tuesday for the discounted Starpick rates. Just helped a friend book the Westin Times Square for $209 and all the other properties were all over $300

malikguy, canucklehead and pureGLAMtv like this.
  3. pureGLAMtv

pureGLAMtv Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree with perryplatypus - always check Starpicks if you do not need a flexible rate and prefer prepaid...

My first choice is most times the Westin Times Square - great place around - seconds to Times Square and subway - Lounge o.k. - great view from top floors. If you like to take a look at

http://www.pureglam.tv/2012/02/23/w...new-york-my-starwood-hotel-review-and-report/

[​IMG]

you find my personal review.

If you do not need a hotel in Manhattan - I had a few friends staying at the W-Hotel Hoboken - you often get rates below 150-180 US$ and can take the ferry or subway for 2-3 US$ - they were satisfied.

Another SPG hotel might be the Sheraton Tribeca - great view from the Club lounge. Just let me know if you are looking for a special area or you are open for every NYC location - so I can look for details on my previous times in NYC (e.g. check on every hotel page the "offers page" - often you find individual arrangements which might be good for you.

canucklehead and perryplatypus like this.
  4. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah if you don't need to stay in Manhattan then another good option is also the LGA Sheraton. It has a nice club and you can take the express train right into the city. Plus an airport shuttle if you are flying out of LGA.

malikguy, pureGLAMtv and canucklehead like this.
  5. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    My office is Mid-Town. I have been staying at the Hilton on 6th which is very convenient, but I already hit Diamond for this year and next, so I thought I'd diversify and get status at Starwood so I started a "challenge".

Mid-town is best, but I also need to travel to Newark fairly regularly, so really anywhere in Manhattan with easy access to a subway is fine.

I did stay at the Sheraton Tribeca this week - reasonable rate, good location for restaurants, easy walk to the E train uptown, and close to the PATH at WTC. Rooms are tiny though and I didn't think much of the in-house bar and restaurant. No access to the lounge until I get status.

I'm back to Tribeca next week, then a couple of weeks at the Element, and Westin Grand Central.

I've even found the Hoboken rates quite high - I'd happily stay at the W there - I'm fine with ferry/;PATH/NJT/MTA or even taxis for getting around.

I haven't looked at Starpicks, but will try - I'm supposed to use our corporate travel agent but I'm sure I won't get ding'd if I save $100 or more per night!

Thanks for all the input!

6. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    ....I've looked at Starpicks a couple of times, and always see low rates on the landing page for NY, but when I try to book, they are much higher. Do they require a weekend stay or am I missing something?

TravelBear and canucklehead like this.
  7. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at Element. I enjoyed it a lot. You may enjoy it's real kitchen too. It even has a dishwasher and big fridge. Also has the Heavenly beds.

canucklehead likes this.