Starwood Hong Kong Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by spirith20, Jun 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. spirith20

spirith20 Active Member

Status Points:
    I will be in Hong Kong in mid February 2015 for 2.5 days during my return trip to the states from Australia. Should I got with the W Hong Kong or the Sheraton. The W is 30K points and the Sheraton is 12k. Is the W really worth it? Also, anyone have suggestions for sights I must see during my 2.5 days there? Thanks in advance.

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on your preferences, how many points you have and perhaps status. We stayed at the W a few years ago and as Plat got ungraded to a great (corner) Fantastic suite. The hotel is attached to the upscale Elements Mall but the W is in Kowloon which a bit of a ways from the action. There seems to be a sort of dislike on these boards with regard to W's ( guess some feel its to hip for their liking:)) but this property is among my favorite W's.

Found the concierges very helpful especially when they were able arrange great box seats for us at Happy Valley Racetrack at short notice.

The metro station is the basement of the mall and since were flying out on CX, who has airport check-in desks located in the station, one can take the airport express to HKG without having to worry about lugging luggage through the airport. The hotel also has a shuttle bus you can use to drop you off at the Star Ferry (and other sites??)

BTW the W is 20K points per night not 30K

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    wow, you are an early planner! Ride the peak tram up to to Victoria peak and take a bus down. Take the cable car to Lantau Island. Watch the Symphony of lights in the evening.