Starwood growth momentum continues

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sobore, Jan 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/52796/starwood-growth-momentum-continues

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. announced that, building on its 2012 momentum with the most hotel deals signed since before the global economic crisis, it anticipates a strong year of openings and new hotel agreements signings in 2013. Over the last five years, Starwood has cultivated a quality pipeline of new hotels with well-capitalized, experienced owners for continued growth around the globe.

"Rising wealth, increasingly global businesses and a digitally connected world are creating unprecedented demand for travel and new travel patterns, and we continue to be as bullish as ever about our long-term growth," said Frits van Paasschen, President and CEO. "Whether it's manufacturing in Vietnam, mineral resources from Nigeria, or outbound tourism from Brazil, Russia, India or China, globalization is spurring economic development and creating many exciting expansion opportunities for our business."

Read More: http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/52796/starwood-growth-momentum-continues

sendaiben, guinnessxyz and uggboy like this.
  2. The Sheraton Picadilly should not be one of the accomplishments they brag about. That hotel has some upgraded rooms but in general is pretty run down.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wasn't this property rated as a five star?

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no "Sheraton Picadilly" hotel, and I have not seen an announcement for one. Furthermore, this seems like a really odd thread to whine about such matters.

5. Sorry it is the Sheraton Park Lane on Picadilly. I don't whine; I post thoughts and comments.

6. I hope not....maybe you are thinking of Sheraton towers nearby.

7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm delighted to see they're expanding the number of Starwood properties. I like them; they're my second-most stays nearly every year, but what keeps the count down is there are no Starwood properties in quite a few of the cities I travel to.

8. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delighted as well, aiming for Starwood Platinum this year.