Starwood Announces Major Renovations of Sheraton Hotels

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by uggboy, Apr 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starwood Announces Major Renovations of Sheraton Hotels:)

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news and none to soon too the Rio, Great Wall and Xian properties were all currently bordering on the crappy designation.
    By the reports I have heard the Grand in Edinburgh is turning out quite nice but I sincerely hope they expand the small club lounge and improve the offerings and service.. it was pretty substandard when I last stayed there.

3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is really good news. In some of those places there is a desperate need for more capacity as well as renovation.

perryplatypus and uggboy like this.
  4. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently stayed at the Delfina/Santa Monica, and was intrigued by the "retro" style they've taken on in the rooms. I'm no interior designer (nor should be), but it seems they've made a genuine attempt to take 1960's/1970's patterns, fixtures, styles, and give them modern colours (instead of the old orange/brown/yellows that permeated that era).

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow, and the new check in and lobby area is certainly a welcome refresh.

Of course the bonus points that come with experiencing these are a fantastic "rennovation" to one's SPG account.

uggboy likes this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some much for the 'Miami-vice' era decor. :p

uggboy likes this.
  6. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    like the MIA Sheraton. Weird suites and dated lounge. Still, I don't mind it :)

7. Bradley
    Original Member

Bradley Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad to see the Sheraton renovating and remaking itself. My vision of it is that it used to be nice and then became old and worn out with budget cutting, poor service & closed lounges. Now it seems to be focusing on renovations and 7 days/week lounges. I'm waiting to see how the lounges are and if they're worth spending time in! I'd also like to see lounges become a staple of Westin hotels, hint hint SPG...