Startup FlightCar Racks Up $5.5M to Launch Traveler Rental Car Site

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by sobore, Nov 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://rightstartups.com/startup-flightcar-racks-5-5m-launch-traveler-rental-car-site-721/

When travelers don’t want to pay for airport parking fees when traveling, they can choose to rent out their vehicle via FlightCar. FlightCar is an airport car rental startup that provides a pioneering online marketplace, where travelers can get free parking at airports, by renting out their cars while they are out of town. Travelers can drop off their cars at FlightCar’s lots, and fly to their business or vacation destinations. FlightCar avails cars to incoming renters with discounted prices from regular car rental services. Well, FlightCar looks like a kind of Airbnb for airport rentals.

FlightCar provides free shuttle services for travelers to and fro airports after parking their cars in its parking lots. Cars are rented with full insurance and safety. Incoming renters are lucky to choose from various makes and model for relatively small prices. Renters need to pay 50 to 70 percent less than the standard prices of typical car rental services. Prices start as low as $15 a day, while SUVs are available for around $65 a day.

Read More: http://rightstartups.com/startup-flightcar-racks-5-5m-launch-traveler-rental-car-site-721/

Newscience likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    No way would I allow anyone to rent my car.. Not going to happen unless maybe if i had a 2000 Nissan Sentra.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, maybe there's a future profit to be made in bringing in your own "rent-a-wreck" 20-year-old car into the FlightCar nearest you? ;)

Flyer1976 and mht_flyer like this.