Start a conversation from a profile page

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by TravelerRob, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I'm missing it somewhere but how can someone start a conversation from a profile page?

For example, my profile page is here: http://milepoint.com/forums/members/travelerrob.3943/

When I look at someone else's profile page I have yet to find any link to "Start a Conversation". Is it hiding somewhere and I just can't see it?

I have found that if I'm in a thread and click on someone's avatar/handle then there is a "Start a Conversation" link in the pop-up window. I'd like one on the profile page itself.

Thanks,
    -RM
    PS - sorry if there's an obvious answer and I missed it.

kiwi likes this.
  2. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    You may have noticed this already but another way to do it, for now, would be to start the conversation directly from the "inbox" link in the top right (just to the left of alerts). You do have to type in the handle / user name though

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Click the information tab and there is a link to start a conversation.
    BTW, your email address is visible on that tab of your profile- did you want it set that way?

TravelerRob likes this.
  4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Yes, I realized that already. But typing in the username could go 'wrong'. So I think it's easier just to have a SAC link right on the profile page.

I'm a serious mouse hater and the more I can do with the keyboard, or with fewer mouse clicks, the better I believe the user experience to be.

Thanks.

Thanks. Totally missed that somehow. I would still prefer a link right on the profile page for ease of access. (See above).

And yeah, I don't mind that email address being online. It was on FlyerTalk as well.

Thanks.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you click on their name or avatar (not their profile), in the middle of the popup item is Start A Conversation. Maybe that will be workable for your needs?