STARGold lounge at PVG International wing

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by Canadi>n, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since Shanghai Airways has left STAR, is its lounge in the International wing still being used as the STAR lounge? The STAR reference guide shows only an AIR CHINA lounge in the Domestic wing as the only alliance lounge.

jfhscott likes this.
  2. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I dunno, but no Star Alliance Gold lounge in the international wing would leave a huge gap for *A - maybe TG or SQ will step in to fill the breach.

3. It'sTimeToFly

It'sTimeToFly Active Member

Status Points:
    I believe you can still use the lounge even though they are no longer in the alliance.

4. olups

olups Active Member

Status Points:
    I can't remember the name of the lounge, but there definitely was a lounge, when I was leaving on TK last November. It was not branded by any *A carrier, but it was quite okay:
    beer, showers and toilets with "interesting" cleaning options.
    located on the second floor, but open, like a terrace.
    Maybe the descriptions helps to identify the lounge.

5. BryanIAH
    Original Member

BryanIAH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used the Shanghai Airlines lounge near gate 77 when flying on CO last week. They still have the *G logo and list a large number of airlines across every alliance as lounge partners.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The description sounds a lot like the lounge DL uses at PVG. Did it have a small FC section ahead and to to the right, while the start of the business class part was slightly to the left after passing by the reception desk? I remember ivory and brown colors, I think. The FC part is small and has a bar to the far right, with the buffet area on the wall opposite the open wall, between the lounge and the reception and lavatory area.

7. BryanIAH
    Original Member

BryanIAH Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's it. It is one level above the main departures area with an open view of the lower floor. There were 2 buffets in the business area plus a large number of chairs with a power outlet for each chair. Wifi was free, too.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's so much better than the lounges I've tried in the domestic flights area. I wonder if it's the only reasonable lounge in the entire airport.

9. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, STAR carriers still use the Shanghai Airlines lounge in this wing. Next month will be flying from PVG on NZ which I believe is in the other wing with Air China, so assume that's the lounge one would use there.

milchap likes this.