StarDO 3 Charter Flight - Aeroplan credit

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by global_happy_traveller, Sep 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just see that the first leg of CO1821 (ORD-YUL) was credited to my Aeroplan account

JohnDeere19 and The Lev like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought you could get some multiple of EDMs if you credited to UA?

"Economy -- You will be awarded on this flight like it was a scheduled flight. In addition, Double EQM
    Premium Economy -- You will be awarded on this flight like it was a scheduled flight, Triple EQM
    First Class -- You will be awarded on this flight like it was a scheduled flight, Quadruple EQM"

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/starmegado3-official-master-thread.13256/

3. yyzgigi
    Original Member

yyzgigi Active Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps, I had to have been there, but is there some reason that one would not have expected this?

4. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

Status Points:
    supposed to be a private charter flight on CO

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would only occur when the flights were manually entered by the program Tommy sends the list to the program we opted for. Otherwise, the system does not know how many miles to credit other than the normal base and booking code, plus any carrier-specific elite bonus that applies.

It was a glitch in CO's system (how the flight was coded at that end) that the charter has posted as a normal flight in those accounts where attendees gave check-in agents their FF account numbers. It was made clear by the organizers that they would send attendee lists to the respective carriers for crediting, including applicable class of service bonuses negotiated with CO, UA and LH. Note that while AC said they would give AE miles for the flights, it was not necessarily a commitment to match to bonuses negotiated with the other carriers. In fact, the AC person I spoke with didn't know we'd been promised bonus SMs for the flights.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  6. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

Status Points:
    i received YUL to DEN today LOL

But i am still waiting for BUF to EWR