Starchoice?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have recently been invited to become a "Starchoice" member by a hotel at which I do a lot of business.

Does being Starchoice in any way effect my SPG? Do I still get SPG points as well as Starchoice points? Or? I tried to Google this and I also searched this thread...not much luck..

Thanks for any help.

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. jmjgp12

jmjgp12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello Jslo, I too have heard of the "starchoice" program in the context that the individual hotel is the one that facilitates the invitation as you stated above. Beyond that the rep could not really give me any more information besides that it is limited in the USA as there are not as many participating properties as in the Asia Pacific division. From searching some other forums and reviews it seems its separate from SPG status and points are accrued in the starchoice account which may allow for discount reservations and other perks on site at the property. I hope that this may help you regarding starchoice - I also located this other forum page that had a response from a starwood rep. I hope this helps!

perryplatypus likes this.
  3. zhaoqian

zhaoqian New Member

Status Points:
    you are great

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's an old thread, revived after six years with a question that was never answered.