Star Lounges in Munich?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by dhammer53, Feb 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are there any other Star partners that have a lounge in MUC, other than LH? We have a healthy layover.

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not believe so. If you somehow find yourself in an LH or LX F cabin, you'd wish for a healthier layover. Otherwise, you've got the LH Senator and Business lounges (Senator if you still have some *G status).

3. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA had no award availabilty all the way up front. I wanted to burn all my miles, but was doomed to business. :( ;) I still have 16,000 miles left.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope...just LH lounges in the *A terminal there.

dhammer53 likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC there are at least two sets of LH lounges at MUC: schengen and nonschengen, perhaps more to achieve proximity to all of the LH and *A gate areas. If you're connecting at MUC, you might be able to access both areas, at least in one direction. I don't think schengen arriving and departing passengers are kept separate, but my memory is a bit fuzzy on this.

If you really have time to kill, be sure to visit the world's only brewery located at an airport. It's to the left in the courtyard when you walk from the terminal LH uses toward the somewhat fancy hotel at the airport.

dhammer53 likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There are two SEN lounges plus the Senator Cafe in the Schengen area, plus one Business lounge. There is one of each in the non-Schengen area. Plus the FCL which has an immigration point inside IIRC.

LH-Lounges-MUC.JPG

7. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    The Senator Cafe is a small, but awesome lounge. Not too many know about it/use it. They have a bar and a very decent spread

dhammer53 likes this.
  8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Their is a FC lounge, and a business class lounge, we were on United, I thought it was nice,

9. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did you get FCL access on UA?

10. foodieontour

foodieontour Active Member

Status Points:
    The Senator / *A Gold Lounge in the international / non-Schengen Area is renovated and one of the better one in LH standards. Recommended.

Avoid the domestic / Schengen Senator lounge. That one is small, dark, usually crowded with business flyers and often just a mess. If you have to use lounge in domestic, I would suggest to check out *A silver / business lounge. Pretty much the same offerings but spacious, good lighting and even when populated not as crowded in "the feel".

11. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Our MUC/JFK flight departed from H48. The lounge was adjacent to A(H?) 20 IIRC. We flew in business on the A330. When you enter the lounge, they ask to see your ticket. We were directed to the right. That's the business class lounge. When i inquired about taking a shower, I noticed the lounge on the left. I asked what the difference was, and I was told the lounge on the left is for Star Gold. Whatever was I thinking. I'm Star Gold. ;) This lounge was bigger + had more food selections.

Both lounges share the same shower area. That staff was very nice.

We arrived on Croatia Air from Zagreb to the A terminal; so all in all, everything was close by.

After this MUC experience, I'll never transit FRA again. MUC is so relaxed, as was the lounge. Thanks all for the assist.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Flyer1976 and Counsellor like this.
  12. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    But it's not as nice as the FCT in FRA, so if flying First, you may want to reconsider.

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The FCL in MUC is on par with the FCLs/FCT in FRA. No drive to the plane but otherwise the amenities are pretty much the same. And, quite frankly, I wouldn't go out of my way to spend extra time in the FCT versus FCLs. It is nice enough but I'd rather be where I'm going.

Counsellor likes this.
  14. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, but from the FCT you go to your plane in a Porsche! :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  15. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    The beverage selections are quite different in the FRA v MUC F lounges, as are the food selections. Although I prefer the FRA selections, it isn't worth the connection if MUC is better. I don't like FRA connections (assuming no FCT visit, to which I've never been).