Star Gold (CO #) shows on US Airways BP Monday, now shows No Star gold for flight tomorrow afternoon

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mht_flyer, Jan 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Title sums it up.

I'm wondering if there's any issue with CO's system that "pushes" status over to other star carriers.

On Monday, my MHT-DCA flight showed up as "Star Gold" on my BP on the US Airways flight with my CO number as FFD.

Checked in today (in First class), and notices it now doesn't print "Star Gold". I thought this was odd. So for fun, I went in to the USAirways reservation and changed it to UA and told it to print my BP.

Surprise surprise, UA number works fine and it now prints "STAR GOLD" on my boarding pass.

What's going on here? Since I've flown several US flights in the past with my CO # and "Star Gold" I have to believe there is a issue with CO's system? My name format matches (I do have a "JR" in my name) between CO and the US reservation so I'm baffled why this is messed up.

I've been reading all sorts of issues on Flyertalk about upgrade lists not working, FF status showing up wrong, etc. I've been on the CO side of things for a long while, but these issues are getting me worried for when they merge the systems together.

This is frustrating. I hope my first segment at least posts on CO account. I went back and put in my CO number in and printed the BP again (of course no "Star Gold") as I'd like the miles to accrue on my CO account (which will replace the UA number anyway). I "may" go and put the UA one back in -- but then I'll probably get the outbound posting to CO and return posting to UA (which may not be horrible) but still it is a pain.

Is it wrong for me to expect my CO Star Gold status which worked fine on Monday to also work fine on my Wednesday flight? Frustrating. I get the fact that merging these systems is a big task but if things are breaking that used to be fine and working, that really worries me.

Has anyone seen this issue?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to your merger.

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Called OPSC center today. Had to go over to web support. The technician was very friendly and said there were two outstanding issues, but they have not heard about the specific issue I was seeing.

I explained it and said it said "Star Gold" for Monday's flight but not for today's flight. The tech put in a new service ticket and was chatting about the other status issue and upgrade wait list issues which he's been getting a ton of calls about.

It's not a easy time for these techs, but I will say the guy I spoke to was great and put in a ticket on my behalf. I also asked him to have their folks send me a email about it, but I'm not sure if that will happen.

So, at the end of the day, I might change it to the UA number (it's shows Star Gold if I put my UA number in instead), but I'll wait until end of day today to see what happens as my flight isn't until 10pm.

On a side note, I checked into a CO ticket for tomorrow (Award ticket) and it showed my Plat status just fine.

Lots of fun.

I just hope my miles at least get posted for the US Airways flights at this point.

Good luck to all as this goes forward, it's going to be rough I think.

4. COFlyerCLE
    Original Member

COFlyerCLE Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had an issue on Sunday/Monday with the incorrect status showing up on the BP and not even being on the u/g list. The electronic service desk found that the problem was something related to the record created by AMEX Travel, and that may be one of their issues they are working through. Not sure how prevalent the problem is, but I noticed on Monday that other regular travelers who were on the flight were also missing from the u/g list, so I'm guessing they had a similar problem.

I know there are gonna be bumps along the way. This one was a minor one for me, and I do trust they are working to fix it.

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The interesting part of what you wrote is that a 3rd party (AMEX) booked your travel.

Very interesting, for my US Air ticket, my corp travel agent booked it (but I had US Airways directly enter my CO number by calling them a few weeks back) -- I wonder if there is a similar issue? Funny thing was it worked fine when I checked in Sunday evening for my Monday evening flight and then broke for today's flight.

COFlyerCLE likes this.
  6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking at some posts on TOBB....

This problem is also still happening as of today. Elite folks using their new UA (CO) FF number not getting Star Gold status when flying on US Airways.

This issue has been happening since January, I even had a OPSC agent put a bug ticket into their system for this but I guess it wasn't looked into.

US Airways dips into UA (prior CO's) system to get status, so I would still have to say my educated guess would be UA's computer system is causing this problem.

Is there any way to update the thread title to something like "New UA FF numbers not showing Star Gold Status on US Airways" or something like that. I bumped this thread up from last month, but the title would make more sense now if it was updated.